My 1918 Roadster

Cali Kid

Forum rules:

Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA) Discussion Forums are wholly owned and operated by the Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA).  The intent of providing these forums is to further the aim of preserving the history of the automobile, motorcycle and truck industry.  AACA’s forums do NOT promote other forms of the automobile hobby such as street rods, hot rods or restomods.  As an organization we have respect for all forms of the hobby but these forums are to recognize and serve those that have the same beliefs as our organization. Discussion of modified vehicles will be removed including: street rods, hot rods or similar vehicles.

• Like 1

from Fr. Buick, Members 5061,182 postLocation: Newport Beach, California

"A 1918 what?  Lots of cars, lots of roadsters in 1918..."

Right!

When my grandpa got out of the army in 1918, he had a choice of 52 American automakers to buy a car from. So much more variety than today. I don't think he would have picked this to drive across Montana in the winter. I don't see any antique car or even parts in the foreground of your pictures, so can't identify the brand. It definitely isn't a Ford, because it's missing the transverse springs. If it's a Chevrolet, named after the chain-smoking French bicycle and automobile racer, this is your engine:First Chevy V8 1918 | Chevy, Coach swagger bag, Chevrolet

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)
  • Like 1