Frame-off 1953 Roadmaster Convert on eBay FS - Cheap?

Dan O

Not my favorite Buick but certainly well restored for less that $56.5k.  No buyers yet.  I hate to see the market for old cars slammed but the pandemic seems to have taken a lot of play money off the table.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1953-Buick-Roadmaster-/174440570488?nma=true&si=BjsKpmS8V8RHLNoyC%2BMs%2Bgjd0Pk%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

s-l1600.jpg

Hudsy, I was just typing a similar comment when you posted.  The car is supposedly a high point AACA senior Grand National winner, but that gap jumps out of the photo like a sore thumb!  Something ain't right.  Also, the "listing has ended" on eBay.

• Like 1

Guys, I am not asking you to buy these cars - just sharing some great looking Buicks for sale that I see.  What's a '53 Buick worth?  I would not buy it at any price as I think they are sort of boring.  I'm finally in the middle of restoring my '49 Roadmaster after holding it for 30 years and know these might not be a deal for you but are way below their restoration costs and that's what I find interesting.  I realize restoration is a labor of love and can also be just a waste of money.

I do see the big gap on the hood but I think the gap you see on the gas door is some chrome trim.  It was nice enuff for the grand poopahs to grant top honors at ACCA at one time.

If you want to see crazy asking price look at the black '49 76c on eBay now.

Edited by Dan O (see edit history)