Opinion needed on 56 Super 4 door hardtop

martyheiden

Stumbled into widow selling 56 Super.  Restored in 2004, Texas Car always.  5k on overhaul of motor and transmission, PW, PS, Power antennae...everything works.  Bumpers, grille and port holes redippedBACECD93-7E30-42DA-9347-0D700DD065BD.thumb.jpeg.b83541bffc3ae4dc68513964e536a695.jpeg.  New headliner, carpet and complete Upholestery.  Original steering wheel in trunk...owner was big so they used a smaller wheel.  Tires 6 years old...cokers.  It hasn’t been started in 4 years...what might this car be worth?  Vintage air was added as well.  All glass perfect.  Paint is nice but not ready for high end auction. I wanted to buy a 2 door but this is what I found...

Thanks!

Marty

• Like 2

10 hours ago, martyheiden said:

.what might this car be worth?

I'll suggest:  $0 - $50K or more.  So many factors to consider.  So little information to work from. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, martyheiden said:

Stumbled into widow selling 56 Super.  Restored in 2004, Texas Car always.  5k on overhaul of motor and transmission, PW, PS, Power antennae...everything works.  Bumpers, grille and port holes redipped.  New headliner, carpet and complete Upholestery.  Original steering wheel in trunk...owner was big so they used a smaller wheel.  Tires 6 years old...cokers.  It hasn’t been started in 4 years...what might this car be worth?  Vintage air was added as well.  All glass perfect.  Paint is nice but not ready for high end auction. I wanted to buy a 2 door but this is what I found...

Thanks!

Marty

I will take a stab at it.  As others have noted, more pics and info would help.  But based on some assumptions...

Assuming:

• Interior is nice and in correct original upholstery
  • There is no rust-through or major damage
  • The car is assumed to be able to run well with very little effort
  • Engine is original and not modified

...then I'd say $10-12k

If you could get in and drive it now and it ran and drove well, add $2k.  If any of the above bullet points are not true, deduct accordingly.

• Like 1