Nice '55 Coupe de Ville in NY for $12k....

You will want to bring a magnet along.  The bottom of that looks awful wavy.  If it wasn't for that it would seem like a good price. That being taken into account probably market priced or even a little high depending on what you find.  Says it has Amateur paint and body work as well as rust,  so that's concerning. 

• Like 1

Oh my!  First glance and it looks nice, appealing colors, together, but enlarge cellphone pic and yikes!! 

A good comp though, for the straight dark blue 2 door ht that has been out there on CL for a while in NJ I think at $20k.  Assume 11k for this one, 18K for the other and it's an easy choice. 

That said, I think I would prefer one of these to anothet tri five Chevy if I were to go for another 50s era GM.  A lot of car for the money..

I think part of what we're seeing in the photo is an artifact caused by a reflection in the paint.  This was commented on in another thread fairly recently.  Take a look at this shot of the passenger side, for example.  That's a reflection, not a wavy surface.

55_Caddy.thumb.jpg.3baa24580f306f99e8b63cfa2f2b3fe4.jpg