59 Edsel Ranger questions

Essentially none.  The FE engine would be either a 332 ci or a 361 ci V8. 352 ci weren't optional for the '59 Edsel.   If you are considering the red and white '59 Ranger posted in the Cars For Sale section, that car is listed as having a 361.

• Like 2

I would agree that there won't likely be much (if any) value difference between a later larger Y block and an earlier FE engine unless the FE is some sort of factory performance version, and I'm kind of doubting that's the case with an Edsel Ranger.  Both engines will provide the present day old car buyer with the same sort of general function: propelling a large 1950's car down the road with enough power to keep up with modern traffic adequately, and not much more than that. And neither are rare, unless a performance unit. (I think they did put "Thunderbird" Y blocks or FE's in some Fords in the late '50's, but I don't know about Edsel. I think those engines were identified with conspicuous decals.)

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 1

If you buy the Edsel then you may be interested in doing the Edsel Owners Club and/or the International Edsel Club. Both have a lot of great members plus they each have an annual convention in different parts of the country (except this year due to the pandemic). Also make sure you check out Edsel.com which has lots of useful info on the history of the car plus classified ads of cars and parts for sale. I have owned 6 Edsels over the last 35 years and have met a lot of interesting and helpful people through both clubs. Good luck.... :)

Just now, padgett said:

Does it have the transmission buttons in the steering wheel ?

Only the '58 models had the Teletouch buttons in the steering wheel. There were a few problems with it so they decided to do away with it in the 1959 and '60 models...