Vapor Blasting and Liquid Honing has anyone used this process for cleaning parts ? ?

There is a video showing it working in this link.

What is Vapor Blasting? A Guide to the Vapor Blasting Process

Vapor blasting, also known as wet blasting or liquid honing, is rapidly becoming the number one choice for applications requiring the highest quality of surface finish.

Vixen's Aquablast range of wet blasting machines use the vapor blasting process to simultaneously degrease and blast industrial components, of many different shapes and sizes.

The video below demonstrates how the Aquablast machine works:

Nothing new there. When I worked in the Western Electric tool room in the 60's we had a liquid hone. Good for less aggressive cleaning leaving a smooth satin finish. Not really for heavy cleaning or corrosion removal...............Bob

• Like 3

A local shop just bought one, and I went and borrowed it for an hour the other day. It has it's good points, just like glass bead, sandblasting, hot tanking, ect. I was using it on carburator parts. I liked it better due to the control, lack of dust, and slower pace it cuts on an expensive part. If I were setting up a new shop, it would be on my must have list. Recently I went from a regular safety clean tank to a new water based Snap On set up. It's heated, biodegradable, and works fantastic. Best of all the shop doesn't stink. The times are changing........and us old dinosaurs have a hard time keeping up. Just bought a Snap On Venom inductive heating tool..........was very skepticial for the price. It's FANTASTIC! Best new tool I have bought in 20 years. No flame, heats a small area, great temperature control. I actaully used it on a car where it would have been impossible to use a torch........worked great. It's much easier to get out and use than the tanks, your never out of gas, don't have to light it, and no fire or chance of burning oneself. Look at it on Youtube. For a small at home shop its a much better option than the bottled gas. Ed

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 3