Wanted, 1953 Roadmaster passenger fender

Native

Too big for UPS; going to have to go by truck freight, or else you make some other arrangement to pick it up. Not going to waste my time wrapping it and hauling it 30 miles to a truck freight place just for a quote unless you are prepared to spend more than $250 for the shipping. Been burned by potential buyers too many times after spending hours boxing and taking large items to a shipper for a quote.

41 minutes ago, Pete Phillips said:

Well, I don't know why I spent hours of my time digging mine out, photographing it, posting the photos, driving it 30 miles to the UPS place to get a shipping quote, etc, when these other two guys want you to get a much more common Super fender.

Pete

•  
  •  
  • Members
  • 5,840 posts

Too big for UPS; going to have to go by truck freight, or else you make some other arrangement to pick it up. Not going to waste my time wrapping it and hauling it 30 miles to a truck freight place just for a quote unless you are prepared to spend more than $250 for the shipping. Been burned by potential buyers too many times after spending hours boxing and taking large items to a shipper for a quote.

So which is it, you did you or didnt you take it?

You sound like a joy to deal with. Based upon that alone I have ZERO interest in anything that you may have that I may possibly have ever needed or wanted.

Edited by Native (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, Stripgear said:

That's too bad, because Pete is one of most helpful guys you're going to find on this site.

Scott

Helpful or not, I think if you read the thread you can see that my comment is not unwarranted.

Sorry that you have taken this position. Pete is a straight up guy! I to have no intentions of shipping a fender for the same reason Pete states. Just went through a similar exercise on a bumper. Good luck on your search!

1 hour ago, Native said:

Helpful or not, I think if you read the thread you can see that my comment is not unwarranted.

I wouldn't read into it too much.  Sometimes things sound different in text only.  He just wants to know that you are serious before his time is wasted.  I'm more jaded than Pete, from having had my time wasted too many times.  If it was mine, I'd require payment first, then a follow up payment for shipping once cost is confirmed.  It's amazing how many people out there will jerk you around; it makes the whole experience frustrating for everyone else.

• Like 1

"Too big for UPS; going to have to go by truck freight, or else you make some other arrangement to pick it up. Not going to waste my time wrapping it and hauling it 30 miles to a truck freight place just for a quote unless you are prepared to spend more than $250 for the shipping. Been burned by potential buyers too many times after spending hours boxing and taking large items to a shipper for a quote. Pete"

"Let's start with your price Native"

"Well, I don't know why I spent hours of my time digging mine out, photographing it, posting the photos, driving it 30 miles to the UPS place to get a shipping quote, etc, when these other two guys want you to get a much more common Super fender.

Pete"

If he didnt want to sell it, dont respond. I have bought and sold parts and cars all over the world. Ive driven 4+ hours for swap meets to set up for one day, its all chalked up to part of the deal. What got me was how he totally conflicted what he was saying. 

1 hour ago, Native said:

"Too big for UPS; going to have to go by truck freight, or else you make some other arrangement to pick it up. Not going to waste my time wrapping it and hauling it 30 miles to a truck freight place just for a quote unless you are prepared to spend more than $250 for the shipping. Been burned by potential buyers too many times after spending hours boxing and taking large items to a shipper for a quote. Pete"

"Let's start with your price Native"

"Well, I don't know why I spent hours of my time digging mine out, photographing it, posting the photos, driving it 30 miles to the UPS place to get a shipping quote, etc, when these other two guys want you to get a much more common Super fender.

Pete"

If he didnt want to sell it, dont respond. I have bought and sold parts and cars all over the world. Ive driven 4+ hours for swap meets to set up for one day, its all chalked up to part of the deal. What got me was how he totally conflicted what he was saying. 

"Let's start with your price Native" - Who are you quoting here?

Pete"

I think you are misunderstanding.  I don't think this was directed at you.  My interpretation is that he felt that a couple people were encroaching on his potential sale. 

"If he didnt want to sell it, dont respond..."

He obviously wanted to sell it; he made an effort to post several good pictures and an honest description.

My advice: Don't pass on a good part if you are serious about it.  Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2