Pulling brake hub 1928 Diamond T truck

Frank Wilkie

I've got a 1927/28/or29 diamond T truck model 302 with a Hercules wxb motor.  Can't determine the year exactly.  Anyway I have been trying to remove the rear wheel hub off but it won't budge. I've backed off the brake shoes.  The puller just won't budge it..  Any suggestions?  Also I can't find any literature  about this truck. 

DSC04055.JPG

DSC04056.JPG

DSC04057.JPG

DSC03903.JPG

Good advice so far especially  leaving the nut on. I had one that was really stuck and under a lot of pressure from the puller. I warmed it up a little with the torch and hit the center puller end with a heavy brass hammer and it finally came off. If I had been standing in front of it I would still be limping.

Dave

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have 1929 chevrolet, and when I want to take the back drum off, I loosen the wheel nut ( the one holding the axle to the drum)  and drive the car in a circle, left for one side, right for the other side. This tends to push the wheel out, after a minute of driving, I check to see if the wheel nut is hard up against the wheel- jack up wheel and drum comes off with wheel.