WW Coker tires

This begs the question - why not come up with a protective coating that doesn't require an industrial strength cleaning to get it off?  Does a sheet explaining the removal come with the tires when you purchase them?

Hmmm?

This sounds a little flimsy to me as well.

Does (the manufacturer) say this finally corrects the problem and the sidewalls stay white afterwards, or are you expected to remove all for wheels and repeat this lengthy procedure every couple weeks?

It sounds more than a little flimsy to me, for a couple of reasons.

More years ago than I care to remember, I was talking to a tire engineer. At the time, popular daily-use musclecar tires nearly all had white letters (BFGoodrich Radial T/A, Goodyear Eagle GT, Dunlop GT Qualifier, Cooper Cobra, etc.). The newest premium tires  coming out (BFGoodrich Comp T/A, Goodyear Gatorback, etc.) had no white letters. I asked why white letters, still wildly popular at the time, were not on the premium products. He said that the rubber compounds needed for a whitewall or white letter tire were different, and not performance oriented (by the standards of that time). Higher performance rubber compounds would turn the whitewalls or white letters brown.

Much more recently I was at a big automotive swap meet. Coker was there. Their booth was HUGE and dwarfed everything around them. It wasn't a booth so much as stacks upon stacks upon stacks of wide whitewall tires. All of them were coated with the blue stuff. It washes off with soap and water.

The claims of the ad sound dubious, not only about the coating used, but also about the reason white rubber turns brown. It would be interesting to hear what Coker themselves have to say about it.