J bars 1956

2carb40

On 4/7/2020 at 10:12 AM, Pete Phillips said:

What are you wanting to know about them? They fit all series of '56 Buick, but from what I have seen, only came on those with dual exhaust.

Is that right. That would explain why many cars do not sport the J bars (apart from the rusting issue).

On 4/6/2020 at 8:42 PM, Pete Phillips said:

What are you wanting to know about them? They fit all series of '56 Buick, but from what I have seen, only came on those with dual exhaust.

I’ve got a parts car 56 century single exhaust that had them. I distinctly remember because I sold them to a guy in New Zealand for too cheap, back before I knew what I had😝

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Thanx for responses! Thet are predicted to arrive UPS tomorrow. I was curious cuz I bought them w/o checking cuz best offer agreed to was"pinch me" reasonable and I was hoping they fit "all" so I didnt screw up and purchase another white elephant part to add to the pile! Ive got a really nice, 'plain' 1956 rear bumper not drilled for 'J' bars, but I like the added detail, so I thought Id like to drill and attach them. Now to figure layout. We'll see when they get here if they look as good as photos and match 'sheen' of bumper. Update coming on arrival.

• Like 2