Go the Dodge sub forum

Top right corner search widow. Type in "oil pan"

Click "This forum" on drop down list

Search

Get this

https://forums.aaca.org/search/?q=oil pan&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=38

This is using a laptop/desk top computer.  A phone may be different

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

If you enter more than one word in search, you will be flooded with EVERYwhere ANY of those words reside. You can filter by just entering what is likely to be the least frequently used word. For example, in this case, I would just enter "pan". I would appreciate any criticism, or enhancement ideas, of this technique.     Thank you,    -    Carl 

24 minutes ago, C Carl said:

If you enter more than one word in search, you will be flooded with EVERYwhere ANY of those words reside. You can filter by just entering what is likely to be the least frequently used word. For example, in this case, I would just enter "pan". I would appreciate any criticism, or enhancement ideas, of this technique.     Thank you,    -    Carl 

Using 1939_Buick's suggestions above... You can use quotation marks to narrow your search. For instance if you enter headlight switch in the search box your search results will find every post that has the word headlight OR switch. If you enter "headlight switch" (in quotes) your search will only find posts that have the words headlight  AND switch together as a phrase.

• Like 1

WOW ! Thank you very much for the additional tips. I am incredibly computer clumsy, but now I will be able to do more with search. I have been pleased with the way I have stumbled along in my limited way, and thought search as I used it was pretty cool. Guess I didn't realize how cool search actually was ! ThInking of all the work, seen and unseen, that you who keep the forums alive and well do, I wish that  all who use the forum would become AACA members. As I STRONGLY support keeping the forum free and open, and appreciate contributions from all, I bear no animosity whatsoever towards any of my non-member forum friends over this. As I say, I just WISH all would join. But as I have said somewhere before : "If wishes were antique cars, we would all be driving Oldsmobile Limiteds". (Or something like that).       Thanks again, guys, for this and all the wonderful work you do for us mere mortals.   -   Carl