90 Buick reatta

cooldude48818

First of all, hello to everyone. I’m the proud owner of a 90 reatta and I have a question I hope someone can answer or point me in the right direction. I just installed a set of led 6x7 headlightS and for some reason, the headlight motors go up fine but when you turn the headlights off, they stay up. With that being said, if I unhook one of the led lights and plug the regular headlight in, turn on the lights and then turn them off, they both go down. I’m a little lost. Any and all help is appreciated! 

Sorry I am not familiar with that setup, but they are nice cars. I would suggest posting your question in the Reatta Forum in the buick section bown below this general forum. Several Reatta enthusiests hang out there. Welcome to the forums.

The reatta and the Firebird have the same module. It is expecting a 37W (3.1A @ 12v). The low wattage of the LEDs may have the module thinking the headlamp is burned out and leaves it up to be changed.  May need to add a 2-3A load (ballast resistor) for the module to work properly.

I have Sylvania Silverstars in my coupe and the lights go up and down just fine.

BTW this really belongs over in the Reatta Forum, people here are better at incandescent bulbs.

Those LED bulbs only work in one direction of electrical flow. I suspect that has something to do with it. I tried to use one for a Delco integral alternator but it does not have enough resistance to excite the unit and let the light go out like it should when it is charging. Dandy Dave!