490 Chevy Front End Info Needed

stretch cab

I am installing the wheels on my chassis and see that I have an extra bushing on one side.  After disassembling the front end for restoration I put the bearings and all the parts back on the spindles until I was ready to install the wheels.  I thought I had them all together and in the proper order.  Now that I am ready it seems that one extra part has been added or left off.

Anybody know a website that shows the layout of the front end or have pictures you can post?

Thanks,

John

20 hours ago, stretch cab said:

I am installing the wheels on my chassis and see that I have an extra bushing on one side.  After disassembling the front end for restoration I put the bearings and all the parts back on the spindles until I was ready to install the wheels.  I thought I had them all together and in the proper order.  Now that I am ready it seems that one extra part has been added or left off.

Anybody know a website that shows the layout of the front end or have pictures you can post?

Thanks,

John

I have a 1921 490 and maybe able to help!

I concur on the VCCA Site, taht is where i have been living to get my 1929 Chevrolet REstored, those guys are the goto for Chevrolet info, pictures, etc...

i live in the 1929-1932 forum, but venture out on occassion to see what other Chevrolet people do 

1916-1922 - Model 490 Only

lots of good people and info just like here buy Chevrolet Specific !!

Thank you MarkV and all.  I think that the VCCA site will be a great help.  I will take a picture of the bearings and spacers that I have now and post them here tomorrow.  I'm trying to get the front wheels back on so I can roll the chassis out of my small garage and put it back in the other direction so I can hang the rear-end I just painted.

Stay tuned for pictures tomorrow.

Here are a couple pictures of my chassis.  First time it has been outside in way to many years.  Business of life and open heart surgery slowed me way down.

I got the car reversed into my small garage today with the help of my granddaughter's friend.  Plans are to hang the rear-end this week.

My question that I will place here and over at the 490 Group is concerning the placement of bearings and bushings on the front spindles.  The spindle pictured is the passenger side looking from front of car towards the back.  What is the proper placement and orientation of the two bushings or spacers that are to the left of the smaller outer bearing?  Does anybody know of a schematic that would show the complete placement for the spindles?

Thanks

Outside at last.jpg

Spindle.jpg

Viewing your picture and naming things from the nut towards the axle.  The nut and washer are correct, the outer bearing cone is backwards.  The next piece is the inner bearing cone  which should be next to the inner bearing race.  The outer bearing race is next  Then is the inner bearing race.

There is probably an inner bearing  cup in the hub of the wheel.

One picture show the exploded inner and/or outer bearings and the other shows a Model T view for reference.

150.jpg

165768.jpg