1941 Buick NOS Rocker Panel Moldings

jsmittie41

I have 3 1941 Buick Rocker Panel Moldings for sale.   Two left side and one right side.   I'm not sure which series they are for.

They measure 77 1/2" from end to end.   The off set at the front edge where it flares out along the front fender is 4".    These are NOS parts.  I'm asking $100 for all three.

You must pick up.   I'll ship them at your cost if you can suggest a shipping method that will take these.     Thanks for looking   Jim  

Rocker-mldg.jpg

Edited by jsmittie41
Correcting application of parts (see edit history)

The hard bend at the front suggests Super or Roadmaster parts. The Special/Century/Limited parts are straighter. That's a good price for those parts--I need them for a Special/Century/Limited to cut up to make new ones for my Limited, but the profile is different on the Super/Roadmaster as well.

I happen to have the Limited and a Roadmaster next to each other and you can see the different contour of the fender area where these parts fit (blue Roadmaster on the left):

20200204_104208.thumb.jpg.622fe45bd61981ed72358f88787b18a8.jpg

• jsmittie41 changed the title to 1941 Buick NOS Rocker Panel Moldings

I just measured my Roadmaster and they are 87in, so unless there's a typo in your listing, they must be for a smaller series, perhaps a Super? Though I didn't think that there was as much difference as that between the two. My car is Canadian built but the same as a US made 76S.

If, by chance that is a typo, and they are 87in, I will buy them!

Keith

My Roadmaster coupe trim, like Keith's, is around 87" give or take an inch or so.  The curve in question is, indeed, the same as on Roadmasters but it isn't long enough, for coupes anyway.  So unless sedans are different, these wouldn't be for '41 70 series. 

On 2/10/2020 at 12:16 PM, Matt Harwood said:

I disagree that they're for a 40-60-90. That bend is 50-70. Look at the fender photo I posted.

Please look more closely at the front where the point is "stepped" not symetrical and the profile is wider. We can agree to disagree. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jim,

I looked in the parts manuals I purchased from you, Buick Master chassis manual 1928 thru 1950, Effective date January 1, 1950

group # 8.304 part # 1321671 Moulding, rocker panel for left side measures 1 7/16" X 77 3/8" fits 44-44C-44S-47 Special

group # 8.304 part # 1321670 Moulding, rocker panel for right side measures 1/7/16" X 77 3/8" fits 44-44C-44S-47 Special

all the other series cars moldings are longer:  Super 82 23/32"

Century 84 11/16"

Roadmaster 87 1/16"

Limited 95 7/8"

I hope this helps you out.

Bob

• 1 year later...