9 hours ago, junkyardjeff said:

Found out they were a mail in offer from a cereal box.

Definitely should have been a Crackerjack toy, the car was!

I drove one for 3 years and popped three engines. They had a tendency to melt the piston once the emissions controls were added. The final straw was when I was driving home from work on a slushy road when the rusty floor under my feet dropped down filling my lap with salty slush at 45 MPH. It was an excessively COLD ride the rest of the way home that night!! 🥶

By the way, that is a really nice toy, and you made it look great. 

Edited by Mark Wetherbee (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 1/25/2020 at 5:53 AM, Mark Wetherbee said:

Definitely should have been a Crackerjack toy, the car was!

I drove one for 3 years and popped three engines. They had a tendency to melt the piston once the emissions controls were added. The final straw was when I was driving home from work on a slushy road when the rusty floor under my feet dropped down filling my lap with salty slush at 45 MPH. It was an excessively COLD ride the rest of the way home that night!! 🥶

By the way, that is a really nice toy, and you made it look great. 

I drove my 1976 model for 11 years and it had 185K + on the odometer when I passed it on to owner #2.  Never blew an engine, but did have to replace the front floor pans!

15 hours ago, junkyardjeff said:

Automotive primer in the can and will use canned automotive paint.

Ok, I have heard krylon does a good job too.  I should try it sometime. I have better access to hardware store paint offerings than automotive paint places. 

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)