WIndow Regulator ID Needed?

hursst

Saved this from being scrapped.  Told it was 1939 Plymouth front driver's side, but not sure about that, doesn't seem correct based on what I've seen from other examples of these listed on ebay.  Any ID of year, make, and location are appreciated.

111.jpg

112.jpg

Going by the lock spring charts I have, I've put together a list of five possibilities. NOTE the 4 outer circles on spring w/ part #3-1723 in first photo is the one I'm thinking is correct(assuming the connector is the same shape, hard to tell since it's attached to the mechanism I could be wrong though.) . 

Spring may fit the following vehicles.  Hope this helps narrow your search down.

1938 Buick

1938 Cadillac

1938 LaSalle

1938 Oldsmobile

1938 Pontiac

Door spring 5.jpg

Door spring 9.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

30Panel,  thanks a lot for the info.  You are a true automotive archaeologist.  

Royboystoys, I don't see a number on it, but it's got some grease on it, too.  I'll try to degrease it on New Years and look again.  Thanks!

-Chris

• Like 1

I think 30 Dodge panel MAY be right. The only spring in his assortment with 4 turns on it is 3-1723. However without being coiled at all, it has 3 turns 1 side and 4 turns the other side. Best thing for hursst to do, is take the spring off the mechanism with a pair of pliers and then compare it to the picture shown on the chart.

Viv.

• Like 1

I have a 1935-49 regulator and channel catalog. Your photo matches up to 37-38 Dodge , Plymouth , Desoto rear door ,

original right side number is 739934

This illustration is not a photo , but it is the only one shown that matches your photo.

Numbers would help.

My catalog is for sale if someone has a batch of regulators and channels they need to sell.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the research.  I looked for a 1937 Plymouth rear door window regulator and I found one (Photo 1 & 2) on ebay.  It's very similar, but there are quite a few differences.  Mine appears to be from the opposite side of the car than the example shown.  This example is from the right side, so mine must be from the left.  I think mine is definitely MOPAR, due to the general look and spacing of the bolt holes, but I wouldn't think they would be so different in the details, if mine is in fact a 37-38.  Would it be possible that a 1938 or the Dodge or DeSoto versions would be a little different, hence the difference I see in mine versus the 37 Plymouth example shown here?

I could not find any part numbers on my example, unfortunately.  

Thanks again for digging deep!

-Chris

12.jpg

Didn't know they made aftermarket window regulators back then.  That may have something to do with the differences. Interesting.  Mine does look like it would fit and replace the ebay one I found.  I think it's safe to call it 37-38 Ply, Dodge, DeSoto, like you said, unless I get some more information.  

Thanks again to all.

-Chris