38 dodge cutout relayTC4301-A

Wayne jaffe

TC4301-A is a replacement Autolite correct? If so, you can buy new  reproduction units from the motorcycle guys......the look good, not sure on Chinese quality. I probably have several new and used units. PM me........they fit big cars so good used units can get expensive. 

Ok, my 37 Dodge 1/2 ton had that setup too.  Mine was the small rectangular cut out, mounted with two screws to the generator. Had one input wire from the generator and one output wire.  It was an autolite product. Try Old Buicks 2 member on this forum.  He sells stuff like this.  He will probably want to know the model number of your generator.  It’s on the tag that’s hopefully still attached to your generator.

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)

11 hours ago, edinmass said:

TC4301-A is a replacement Autolite correct? If so, you can buy new  reproduction units from the motorcycle guys......the look good, not sure on Chinese quality. I probably have several new and used units. PM me........they fit big carsgood used units can get expensive. 

Hey Ed thank you TC4301-A is a autolite cutout relay with one terminal they produced them in 1935 first year my generator is Gar4608 What do you have

Edited by Wayne jaffe
Made mistake (see edit history)

6 hours ago, TerryB said:

Ok, my 37 Dodge 1/2 ton had that setup too.  Mine was the small rectangular cut out, mounted with two screws to the generator. Had one input wire from the generator and one output wire.  It was an autolite product. Try Old Buicks 2 member on this forum.  He sells stuff like this.  He will probably want to know the model number of your generator.  It’s on the tag that’s hopefully still attached to your generator.

Hey guys,  I'm on this one now.   I need to know what model Dodge it is first of all.  Selection is as follows:  D6,  D8,  D9, D11 or D118.    D6 and D9 call for a cutout,  D8, D11 and D118 call for a voltage regulator.   I have the cutout in stock and will have to check on the VR

Tom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old buicks 2 said:

Hey guys,  I'm on this one now.   I need to know what model Dodge it is first of all.  Selection is as follows:  D6,  D8,  D9, D11 or D118.    D6 and D9 call for a cutout,  D8, D11 and D118 call for a voltage regulator.   I have the cutout in stock and will have to check on the VR

Tom

Hello its a 38 dodge 1/2 ton rc series im looking for a autolite cutout relay #TC4301-A my generator # is GAR 4608 any luck

Edited by Wayne jaffe
Mad mistake (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, Old buicks 2 said:

Tom

Tom, pick up truck as noted above!

• 2 months later...
On 10/2/2019 at 8:46 AM, edinmass said:

TC4301-A is a replacement Autolite correct? If so, you can buy new  reproduction units from the motorcycle guys......the look good, not sure on Chinese quality. I probably have several new and used units. PM me........they fit big cars so good used units can get expensive. 

This is wayne I'm looking for the said cut out gen switch TC4301-A would you happen to have any

Call 413-543-9017 on Tuesday after 930 am  and ask for John.......he should have new and used units on the shelf. He will be out of town till them. I’m down south now.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)