1937 Dodge MC Sale - Meet the new owner

vicpanza

Just wanted to mention that I sold my 1937 Dodge MC pickup. I also wanted to Introduce the new owner, Curwood (Woody) Sessoms. Woody is a discriminating collector from the Charlotte area, and my truck will be a nice addition to his collection. I believe he has joined the forum.

BTW, he is interested in finding a spare tire cover for the truck. Realize there are very rare, but wanted to ask if anyone may have a lead on one. Photos below are from the Hemmings ad.

I am moving on to a few other vehicles that have been preoccupying my time, and have enjoyed this forum and the friends I have made through it.

Thx

Vic Panza

37Dodge-5.jpg

37Dodge-25.jpg

• Like 5

I'm glad that you're happy with the truck. Vic did a really nice job on it especially with the authenticity which I appreciate. We had many conversations about the process and I think it was a worthwhile trip. Only got one ride but that won't soon be forgotten. I think it's a keeper!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 7:35 AM, nearchoclatetown said:

Nice truck. Is the spare cover the same as passenger car. If so I have one. 

On 10/12/2019 at 7:46 AM, vicpanza said:

I am note sure if it's the same as that used on a car. If the car cover is from a side mount style, then maybe. Any chance you can post a picture or send one through PM.

Thx

I believe I have one for a car.  Has a metal panel attached to the rear of the clamshell for mounting.  I can probably cut this panel out as it's not needed for a truck side mount but hate to destroy it because it is so nice and someone may need it.  Would prefer the truck specific mount for preservation sake.  Figuring out how to use the forum so not sure if you've posted a picture or not?  If can't find one for truck believe I could adapt.

• 2 months later...
On 10/22/2019 at 5:56 AM, Woody Sessoms said:

I believe I have one for a car.  Has a metal panel attached to the rear of the clamshell for mounting.  I can probably cut this panel out as it's not needed for a truck side mount but hate to destroy it because it is so nice and someone may need it.  Would prefer the truck specific mount for preservation sake.  Figuring out how to use the forum so not sure if you've posted a picture or not?  If can't find one for truck believe I could adapt.

I am home now for a week. Are you still looking for a cover?

On 9/29/2019 at 1:30 PM, vicpanza said:

Just wanted to mention that I sold my 1937 Dodge MC pickup.

I am moving on to a few other vehicles that have been preoccupying my time, and have enjoyed this forum and the friends I have made through it.

Thx

Vic Panza

37Dodge-25.jpg

It's been a real pleasure watching the progress you've made over the years and I commend you for putting your heart into it, Vic. You did an amazing job and it's encouraging to see she found a good home. Congrats to Woody and his grandson. May they enjoy it for many years to come.

Thanks also for keeping us updated (not that you were obliged to 😉)

Regards
Dave

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...