For Sale 2 ‘58 Buick wagons and parts cars not mine

retirednow

Thank you for posting, for browsing purposes.  Some comments - who has the ability to purchase all 4 cars and parts and transport to their place?  I certainly understand a seller wanting to get out and figuring to do one auction for all the cars but that is the least practical method.  ebay is still ebay and there are rules.  If you bid and win, you are obligated to follow through and move all that stuff.  I think the seller will realize this when there are no honest bids to win, and split it up.  Seriously, how can sellers believe that there are deep pocketed and resource laden collectors out there? 

Number 2 is the 2 barrel carb I see in a couple of the photos.  Wouldn't only a base Special wagon have a 364 2 barrel?  I would think in this stash of cars, all or most would be 4 barrel 364's. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B Jake Moran said:

Thank you for posting, for browsing purposes.  Some comments - who has the ability to purchase all 4 cars and parts and transport to their place?  I certainly understand a seller wanting to get out and figuring to do one auction for all the cars but that is the least practical method.  ebay is still ebay and there are rules.  If you bid and win, you are obligated to follow through and move all that stuff.  I think the seller will realize this when there are no honest bids to win, and split it up.  Seriously, how can sellers believe that there are deep pocketed and resource laden collectors out there? 

Number 2 is the 2 barrel carb I see in a couple of the photos.  Wouldn't only a base Special wagon have a 364 2 barrel?  I would think in this stash of cars, all or most would be 4 barrel 364's. 

Agree, tough to find just the right buyer.  If I had the space, I'd be a bidder though!

• Like 1

Caution to prospective buyers: the VIN listed in the ad is for a Special, not a Century.

That means it's a Special Riviera Estate Wagon, not a Caballero.

I've sent the seller a message asking for clarification.

UPDATE: Both wagons are 49D models. That is the Special Riviera Estate Wagon.

Both parts cars are Century hardtops.

Seller also has at least one Caballero liftgate with the additional layer of stainless moldings.

Edited by 95Cardinal (see edit history)
  • Like 4

On 9/11/2019 at 1:37 PM, 95Cardinal said:

Caution to prospective buyers: the VIN listed in the ad is for a Special, not a Century.

That means it's a Special Riviera Estate Wagon, not a Caballero.

I've sent the seller a message asking for clarification.

UPDATE: Both wagons are 49D models. That is the Special Riviera Estate Wagon.

Both parts cars are Century hardtops.

Seller also has at least one Caballero liftgate with the additional layer of stainless moldings.

Joe,

These would be a piece of cake for you to restore now that you have your first PhD Caballero under your belt! Heck, your storage area would look like a 1958 Buick Dealership with all these! you could even invite Doug over with his convertible, or better yet, he could go in with you and then you would have all the 1958 parts you ever needed for any possible issue! 

Hey, right now the price is pretty good on these, and they are Arizona cars...

food for thought....

Jim

Insert other media

• Like 1