Air Brake Cylinder Dust Shields

hursst

Hello,

Not quite a car question, but close.  Our volunteer group is restoring a 1935 Erie Railroad Railbus.  It has air brakes with 2 large air cylinders as the main brake components.  On top of these cylinders is linkage that connects to brake linkage rods.  We need to find a source for some rubber dust shields that would go around the top base of the cylinder and up to the brake connecting rod linkage.  The base is about 5 15/16" and we need a length of about 3" and up to 6" when expanded, then a narrower diameter towards the top.  Can't just go to Pep Boys for this.  I tried Steele Rubber and some quick searches on line, but only found motorcycle shock dust shields that are even remotely close.  Those may work if we modify them, but I thought I'd ask this resource first.

Any ideas on where we could go to find something like that that's even close?  We will gladly modify anything if it's even close.

-Chris

Sorry, I have no photos available, I do not have the parts with me.  I think the NAPA part above may work, metal piece.  Thanks for the info, I'll see if we can make this fit.

Thanks again.  I bought these and they will need a slight bit of adjustment, but they are almost perfect.  I appreciate the information greatly!