fs 1975 Mercedes 450sl convertible

Ive owned this car for close to 15 years and just dont drive it much, so up for sale it goes!

going to need a full tune up- but starts right up and can be driven on a trailer. Brakes work fine. Blue exterior with palomino interior.

comes with brand new carpet set, that needs to be installed. clean title in my name. Battery is relaively new.

price is firm at 3500. I can store for a short while, as I have 12 acres.

tires  have very little wear, but need to be replaced from age. AC does not work, nor does the odometer, which is a common thing among sls.

with a full tune up- you can drive this car anywhere! Comes with hard top and soft top frame is in the boot, but will need new cloth.

minor rust-drivers floor has been replaced.

rdz69@aol.com

DSC_0213[1].JPG

DSC_0210[1].JPG

DSC_0214[1].JPG

DSC_0215[1].JPG

Couple of quick comments on this one:

This series may never be "rare", however they are getting more popular as 190 SLs trade for ridicules money and the Pagoda series cars have appreciated nicely.  

The 450s have a cast iron block generally indestructible.

We are 7, 8 year owners of the last in the r107 series, a 560sl.  It is my son's favorite and one of my wife's favorite hobby car we have had.  Once sorted, pretty easy to live with.  Happy to help a forum member learn about this car if they buy it.  Definately a sound deal.  If it is original paint, btw, a color sand will probably improve appearance 100%, no one applied paint in the 70s, 80s like MB! 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks man - just making sure!  😉

It is a problem with forums that do not have a strict "no comments" policy Ron.  The price range on R107s is all over the map.  Is your example a $25,000 car - no, but you are not representing it as such!!  Will it take a little time and effort to put in road ready shape, sure, but I have seen much worse starts.  I  know the variances over the years, and the 450 has advantages as well - metal timing chain guides for example.   Anyway, I actually get more comments on the R107 than we did with the Packard or either Model A.  who knows - I just think a lot of people can identify them and like them.  Your car is an inexpensive way to get into an open MB, and nearly everything is available for this car from either the MB Classic Center or any number of parts houses.  I like Autohaus AZ myself.

GLWS - you could try Benzworld but if you want to advertise in the R107 only section they have some rule about "10 meaningful posts"  - I guess intended to keep it in the family so to speak.  They have a general classified section as well.  A serious buyer I would imagine would look in both places...

• Like 1

Those 2 posters need to man up and go in and delete their garbage.  It's a big hobby and this generation of SL's are fine cars from the 350SLs to the last 560SLs. 

I owned 4 1972 to 1973 small bumper SLs.  I later took interest in the 560SLs but guess what?  They are getting hard to find in nice condition.  

Thank you for posting MERCER!

• Like 3

Sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention.  My opinion is undoubtedly biased by the thousands of dollars I have sunk into MB money pits in the last 40 years.  They are GREAT cars to drive and I still have three, two that I tour with.  MY apology.  Bob Smits