Framed Bronze Relief Buick Garage Scene

Surprised this is still available, considering bidding myself so as to have one for the house and one for the garage. I missed a couple over probably 20 years because I set my bid limit at $100. Finally threw a stupid bid at one and got it for just over a bill.  

Hope someone here buys it so I don’t have to explain “Don’t you already have one of those” when it arrives 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Surprised this is still available, considering bidding myself so as to have one for the house and one for the garage. I missed a couple over probably 20 years because I set my bid limit at $100. Finally threw a stupid bid at one and got it for just over a bill.  

Hope someone here buys it so I don’t have to explain “Don’t you already have one of those” when it arrives 

ok you talked me into it..I placed a bid on it

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

Good Luck!!! Will fit in well in your office.   I was wondering if the $82 BIN would go away if a bid got placed on it.

no it wont but I'll find room for it or build another building for all my stuff like you did...😉

• Haha 3

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
22 minutes ago, GillyWI said:

Hi all. New guy here. Just joined up over this thread! I have one of these, actually the original owner, and wonder if you guys know or would like to know the history of this piece.

Dan Gillitzer

From what I was told by an old dealership owner I met at a camp ground, they were given out to salesmen as sales rewards. Would love to hear what you know of it though  @GillyWI 

Yeah, that's what a dealership owner would remember alright, LOL. always coddling his salesmen.

They are "Service Master" awards. I got mine in 1986, as I believe all of them would have been. The year prior we got a pewter '53 Skylark. I will attach an image of that as well.

The weird part is for some odd reason I still have the box and letter that accompanied the plaque. am attaching pics of the box and letter as provenance to my statement.

The base for the Skylark seems to be highly laquered wood. The Lark has a serial number, I could not find numbering on the plaque. Again I believe the Lark was a year prior to the plaque.

I was employed at the dealer on the shipping label from 1982 til about 1989-90. I don't remember any other awards like these 2.

000_5670.JPG

000_5671.JPG

000_5673.JPG

000_5666.JPG

000_5667.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/28/2020 at 1:03 PM, Larry Schramm said:

I have one of those pewter cars.  Neat piece that went to the service manager or service tech in the mid 80's.  Very much a quality piece.

I have a couple of those pewter cars as well.

# 7901 is in very good condition as found 

# 9996 was found missing the windshield (and remains unrestored)

Anyone know how many were distributed?

9CCD9A9F-5621-45CF-BC22-90F72ACAF496.jpeg

774F49D9-24B4-4E29-9DD0-D3F4013BB2C5.jpeg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

I have one of these plaques, actually it was my husbands. At the time he was working for Buick as a Service Director. When it was mailed to him, he had placed in the top 5 Service Directors for Buick & had won a trip too. He quit the job before the trip, so we lost out on a trip to Alaska (he placed 5th & that was the prize). He was told there were only 5 of thee out there, but looking at this, there must have been more. He went on to work for Cadillac and received many awards & cruises-so the loss of the cruise was worth his working somewhere he was not happy. He always had this plaque hanging in his office at work along with Cadillac award plaques. Now I have it sitting in my garage along with his Cadillac awards, not sure what to do with it. I have family members of his that would like it but he would not want them to have it. As for the pewter cars, he had several from Cadillac which I sold on eBay...I have so many things he won in my house, I just felt let someone else enjoy them. Just trying to give a little info on the plaque in case anyone was still wondering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/7/2022 at 9:58 PM, Tifosi said:

I have one of these plaques, actually it was my husbands. At the time he was working for Buick as a Service Director. When it was mailed to him, he had placed in the top 5 Service Directors for Buick & had won a trip too. He quit the job before the trip, so we lost out on a trip to Alaska (he placed 5th & that was the prize). He was told there were only 5 of thee out there, but looking at this, there must have been more. He went on to work for Cadillac and received many awards & cruises-so the loss of the cruise was worth his working somewhere he was not happy. He always had this plaque hanging in his office at work along with Cadillac award plaques. Now I have it sitting in my garage along with his Cadillac awards, not sure what to do with it. I have family members of his that would like it but he would not want them to have it. As for the pewter cars, he had several from Cadillac which I sold on eBay...I have so many things he won in my house, I just felt let someone else enjoy them. Just trying to give a little info on the plaque in case anyone was still wondering.

I went on that trip to Alaska in 1986 as a Service Rep for Buick.

• Like 1