check Riv in TX

telriv

Are you referring to the baby blue/white interior 64 Riviera for sale at Triple F Automotive? If you are, go ahead  and buy it........you can tell from the

pictures that it is a gorgeous car and worth what they are asking  I've been out to their place a few times at their annual car show and they always have at least one

early Riviera on hand for sale and they have always been spectacular cars.They don't have any junk for sale there....everything they sell is pristine. You can tell from the pictures that the interior is amazing (no pits in any of the chrome) and that car has a gorgeous

paint job and looks straight as an arrow. Even if it needed an engine overhaul it would be worth what they are asking.........it's a 2 four barrel 425 car!......looks way nicer to me than the Best of Show winner in K.C. last year. All it needs to finish it off is a set of Turbinator's Turbine wheel covers and it 's showtime!

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

page 29 of the for sale thread has a link to when it was listed on ebay last June.  If you follow it, and then click "view original item" on the right hand side of page, it will take you to it. 

One glaring flaw on the car is the package tray appearance and upholstery covering up the rear speaker grill assembly........

shouldn't take much to correct these problems. Other than that the interior is amazing.

As a point of reference, there is a car on ebay right now with same colors and options, except this  ebay car has A/C and turbine

wheel covers and it is for sale for 8,000.00 more than the triple F car.  The ebay car does not have near the paint job that the Triple F Automotive

car has, interior is about the same, except it doesn't have the upholstered speaker grill issue.

• Like 1

I talked to Joe on the phone and he told me the engine had been bad in the car and it was just rebuilt and has   just a few miles on it.

My advice to him was to not buy it due to the question mark of whether the engine was done right or not. Every friend or customer

I have ever known that bought an old car with a fresh rebuilt engine had to wind up tearing in to the engine a few months later.......I've seen this probably 20 times over the years.....not a risk I would recommend taking at that price point.  Another flaw I saw on the car in looking at pics is that the top center

bar on the rear bumper is off kilter and the bumper needs straightening and rechroming. If the engine came with a 10,000 mile 3 year warranty, then I would say go for it, but my understanding is that it has none. 

9 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

Are you referring to the baby blue/white interior 64 Riviera for sale at Triple F Automotive? ...<clipped>...and that car has a gorgeous

paint job and looks straight as an arrow.

Good day.

For what it's worth, if I'm looking at the same Riv', and assuming the paint is (or close to) what was the original colour,  sorry, but that is not 'baby' blue... (drives me nuts...😊) it's Wedgewood Blue. (Code HH) and was one of the Riviera's nicest colours. (Obviously I'm a tad biased, since my '64 is Wedgewood Blue but with a blue (621) interior.). And you're right, the paint/chrome looks pretty good under the lighting in the photos. The car doesn't look totally original, (nice if they had a shot of the data plate) but it certainly represents well,  just needs cast aluminium wheel covers.  

This colour may not have been the Riv's most popular in '64, but trust me, it does get noticed...😎

Good luck...

Later, 

Mike Swick

Edmonton, AB

-----

• Like 1

I inquired about this car pretty extensively at the beginning of the year. The rear bumper on the driver side is noticeably higher and had me a little concerned. Also the odometer appeared to be missing numbers, like they were worn off which was odd. I almost pulled the trigger on it, but went in a different direction. 

Thank you Robert for your views.  My friend is VERY familiar with the "Nail" & I'm sure he wouldn't be satisfied with the engine "rebuild" anyway & would probably pull it for his own satisfaction.

Tom T.