65 Remote Mirror Part Missing

kdml

I am trying to put together the remote mirror on my 65.  I am thinking I am missing a part.  The parts I have are shown in the attached picture.  I can't figure out how to attach the toggle/cable mechanism to the plate which mounts to the door panel.  I thought the round part shown in the picture would do it, as it has screw holes which align with the holes in the door panel plate, but the toggle just slides right out.  I could not find anything in my shop manual or any pictures when searching this forum.  What am I missing? 

Thanks

Doug

IMG_0539.jpg

Doug, I don't think your missing anything. Put that washer looking item over the handle and slide it past the cables, then slide it towards the handle again and if you spin it correctly it will stop at the front of the cable connector and hook the handle inside.after you have screwed it to the mirror bezel.  I hope I did not  confuse you. Gene. 

Thanks Gene

I tried what you explained, but can’t see how the ring hooks the handle.  I found the attached picture online.  It shows a second ring which I’m guessing is the part I’m missing.  Now I just need to find that second ring.  

2FE351B5-B666-48D5-A6C5-BB1B11045921.jpeg

I see your missing the spring clip. I am sure I have it for you. I will be at the Riviera national all next week. When I return I will dig one out and mail it to you for free. If you can wait. Send me your address via an e-mail to abandg@aol.com and I will take care of it if you can wait.  Gene.

• 2 weeks later...

Gene,  I received your package.  Thanks again for sending me the part I needed.  

Attached are pictures of the mirror control assembled so others can see how the parts come together.

Doug

mirror 3.jpg

mirror 2.jpg

mirror 1.jpg

• 9 months later...

Wow. I am in need of the two hold down parts in Doug's photos as well . I don't have the spring clip or the thicker lock down washer for my 65' riv. Does anyone know where I can get them? Thanks,