1942 Hudson Big Boy

NinaAdata

17 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Here is one from Xander.

Scan0016.jpg

Xander, I wonder if you understood what I was talking about. The '42 that I was talking about was on the 129" wheelbase. The same wheelbase as the Big Boy pickup and not the same wheelbase as the standard passenger cars. Do you see the difference in the length of the front doors between these two '42s?

Image result for 1942 hudson custom commodore sedan

hs420102.jpg

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The long wheelbase sedan, the upper photo,  was actually a somewhat strange configuration. When you opened the front door, you could see the whole of the front seat, the side and a little space behind it in front of the "B" pillar because they were using the front doors off of a two-door sedan.

I see what you are talking about, it has a two door sedan door on the front. Can not tell if the picture I posted, has the longer door. It looks better with the longer door. The front door from a four door sedan, is the same door used on the trucks. To short, does not look right. Here is a four door sedan being turned into a stretched truck cab. With a two door sedan door being used to match the upper door opening. It does not have the same curve as the coupe doors. You can do anything with beer in the shop.:)

hudson convertible, mikes truck 081.JPG

hudson convertible, mikes truck 086.JPG

• Like 1

Mine came from Florida in the 80's or about 1990 the latest,  then headed up to VT where I acquired it from the family of the guy that owned it after supposably driving it from Florida back then.  That was about 2015. 

It's hard to find many in the drivable state for under 20G.  Some real nice trucks in the 30's but a big void from the needs everything 5,000-10,000 trucks and the good pretty much turn key local show quality trucks in the 30G and up range. I know I pounded the bushes pretty hard when I was looking for mine and I wasn't being super picky and was willing to import from the west coast if necessary. All the good trucks I found had already been sold.  It was down to mine and a bone stock one I didn't like the colors on, which had a completely stock drivetrain.  The more roadworthy drivetrain and better color combo plus only being 3 and 1/2 hours away helped it win out.  The other truck also had cab lights which I really didn't like. 

• Like 1

Not 100% Sure, but that could be a tap handle on the door of the fridge. And again, not sure just guessing. There could be chilled glasses in the upper part of that cooling device. Leasing a building means no more friendly fridge. Insurance and building owner might frown.:(    

shop truck 024.JPG

Edited by Xander Wildeisen (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

1941 from Google:

Image result for 1941 hudson pickup

It looks like '41 has one less grille bar. It seems to me that it looks all the better for it.

Outstanding color on this one! Well, it might not be everyone's favorite, but it is quite unique. Chrysler offered a color real close to this in the forties. I had an early '49 Plymouth that was very similar to this, but well faded.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Fleek, I hadn't noticed that before. I see a little patch of complimentary color, beige - maybe, at the very front of the hood spear. I don't think that is original, but it's a nice detail.

Auburn, It is sort of a nice "I meant to do that" kind of color, isn't it?. I agree entirely about light blue and white. I think an indigo blue, like we saw a lot of in the late nineties would be a nice look.

Xander, I've never been as fond of the "gape" in the center of the '46 and '47s grilles, but I respect your taste and talent!

Though I like my 47,  I do think the 41 to 42 is maybe a little more elegant / less busy looking.  None are bad,  just one has a little better look.  When looking for one, though, I thought being able to live with any from 40-47 would help fulfill my search, rather  than to hold on for years to find just the right truck,  which probably would have never materialized in my price range.  

Do you want to enjoy owning something really close to your favorite or live with the dream you have of one day if you are really lucky finding it.  I prefer to enjoy it now.  Too many cars/ trucks and way too little time and money to be super picky. 

I laugh at the guys that post on here looking for certain cars and we all run just about everything in the world past them but they never buy one.  Too expensive, wrong color,  wrong time of year to buy, Not nice enough,  too nice,  etc.  We have all heard it.  When I go on the hunt for something there is a darn good chance within 3 with a maximum of 6 months it will be in my garage and I will be happy with what I bought.  

Life's too short to play games.

Some cars you can be picky on. Lots of them to choose from. 57 Chevrolets would be one of those cars. A lot on the market, finished to every level, done in every color, stock to custom. Here is one for sale, nice car, looks familiar.   https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/discovery-bay-1957-chevrolet-bel-air/6826540061.html   What is really funny, none of the pictures I try to post, showing cars in the roadster show out here, are going up. Strange? 

IMG_20120830_161023.jpg

IMG_20121027_105902.jpg

Thought you Hudson guys would like this. Here is 49 Commodore dash that I put in a 47 Truck. Very easy to weld in. Fits better than the 53 Desoto dash.(less work) It was wood grained just like stock 49 Commodore. Looked good in the truck. And those pictures will not upload ether? I get a ask for help when the picture fails?