Your first vehicle purchase?

STEVE POLLARD

14 hours ago, 8E45E said:

I believe, maybe with the exception of some Cadillac models, they were all a Fisher body, and the bodies would most likely have shared the same codes.

Craig

The tag I'm talking about is a metal oval shaped tag that's riveted next to the normal Vin tag on the firewall. Besides the Super Duty cars 1961-1963 I have only seen one other car that had one like my 59 Catalina. When Harley Earl's wife's 1959 Catalina when on the auction block it had one. That car, a 315 Hp Tri-Power 389 also had a Bonneville interior and rear Bonneville tail lamps. It was also painted pink.

BTW the numbers on the S/O ( special order ) tag is a code that's interpreted by the factory to make the sure what special things are to be done to the car. It's different than the heavy paper build tag that has all the other options/color etc..   

Edited by Pfeil (see edit history)

21 hours ago, Pfeil said:

The tag I'm talking about is a metal oval shaped tag that's riveted next to the normal Vin tag on the firewall. Besides the Super Duty cars 1961-1963 I have only seen one other car that had one like my 59 Catalina. When Harley Earl's wife's 1959 Catalina when on the auction block it had one. That car, a 315 Hp Tri-Power 389 also had a Bonneville interior and rear Bonneville tail lamps. It was also painted pink.

BTW the numbers on the S/O ( special order ) tag is a code that's interpreted by the factory to make the sure what special things are to be done to the car. It's different than the heavy paper build tag that has all the other options/color etc..   

Yes, I should have thought about your car having a Deviation Tag.  Then your body tag should '999' or '000' for interior trim, I would suspect. 

Craig