34 Dodge brake drums / hubs

Ken_Lincoln

• 1 month later...

Reckon you will struggle with this,  there are some people who spray metal inside the drum and remachine to get the lining surface back. As to replacements, I have never heard of anyone downunder, swap meets etc are probably your best shot. Have a look in Restored Cars for drum refubishers.

• Like 1

Thanks hcris .... I have exhausted all avenues here in Australia, and was hoping to locate some in the US { or anywhere else for that matter } ... Bottom line is my drums are in desperate need of replacement as I want to drive it to South Australia in September ...  a round trip of 2000 kms.  or more over a period of 10 days ...

and I would feel much more comfortable  { and safe } knowing that the brakes are the best I can possibly get .. I have even contemplated a disc brake conversion , but that opens a real can of worms regarding engineering requirements for the conversion

Yeah ... Thanks Mikefit ... the problem is that not only are the drums buckled / warped, they are also over the allowed machining tolerance of 60 thou.  I will look into re metaling the drums if I can find someone that does that kind of thing here.

21 hours ago, Ken_Lincoln said:

Thanks hcris .... I have exhausted all avenues here in Australia, and was hoping to locate some in the US { or anywhere else for that matter } ... Bottom line is my drums are in desperate need of replacement as I want to drive it to South Australia in September ...  a round trip of 2000 kms.  or more over a period of 10 days ...

and I would feel much more comfortable  { and safe } knowing that the brakes are the best I can possibly get .. I have even contemplated a disc brake conversion , but that opens a real can of worms regarding engineering requirements for the conversion

I have an idea that 34 Plymouth were the same size, perhaps another avenue ?

May be able to help you with N.O.S. --- but they are going to be more than

$ 400 each --- I sold all of mine for $ 395 each , and I had the best price in the universe.... would have to see if any of my buddies still have some.

Then, you have the extra expense of shipping....

So, it will be going past $ 1000 -- do you have interest ???? -- no sense my even investigating, if that does not fit into your budget.....

Yours, Craig.       mobileparts@yahoo.com

Incidentally, Ken, you asked about "reproduction"....

There is NO such thing in this regard, and NEVER will be ---

Way too limited, and Way too expensive to do.

Limited to (possible N.O.S.as indicated) and USED only -- and most USED

Will be under specs and useless!!!

The Hollander says '34 Dodge DR, DS had 10" dia drums, same front and rear. 

Same as '35 DU6, '36 D2, '37 D5, 5 pass.

Note the '36 and '37 drums appear to be different front and rear but by my reading they should fit the '34. They have the same manufacturing specifications, whatever that means.

The '37 D5 7 pass. had 11" drums.

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)

• 4 years later...

Hi Ken,  We are located in Rockhampton, Australia and are currently restoring a 1930 Dodge Roadster.  This may be a long shot, however we see that you had several conversations with a user "Aussie 8" - Stewart. We are interested to find out the colour code of his Dodge as we are keen to paint ours similar colours. We have tried to reach out to him with no reply. We are wondering if you are in contact with him or perhaps even know a little bit about his Dodge and the colours?

Regards, Wayne Menzies