FOR SALE NOS `65 Dark Green Handy Mats SOLD

1965rivgs

Mats are SOLD, thank you!

Please send a PM if interested

$200 plus shipping

Years ago I noticed every once in awhile I would see colored, factory tri-shield floor mats whose tri-shield emblem was a lighter version of the overall color. For instance, light blue on dark blue mats, mint green on dark green mats, etc...I dispensed with this oddity as being "not correct" for the mid-sixties Buick and perhaps a version which occurred just before the switch to generic GM mats. Boy was that a bad assumption! Over the next 30 years I noticed these mats were appearing in one particular model year, that being 1965. My suspicions were confirmed a short time ago when I purchased a one owner, all original `65 Buick time capsule. Included in the original paperwork was a receipt from the dealership`s parts dept. for a set of mats which the original owner purchased on the day he picked up his new Buick. Sure enough, the mats in the car, which I am thoroughly convinced are those original mats, have the light colored tri-shield emblem. At this point, I am convinced this anomoly was a `65 model year occurrence, which brings me to today`s offering...

NOS dark green Handy Mats with what I believe is the `65 Buick specific mint green tri-shield emblem. These mats are CORRECT for the big cars like our Rivieras as they are 20 inches wide unlike the repro mats which are patterned after the `71 and up Handy mats which are SMALLER. The mats are definitely NOS showing absolutely no evidence of wear but may have been stored on the dealer`s shelf face down for some time as evidenced by witness marks on the back side. If not sold, I may line my casket with these and take them with me! Lol...

Thanks,

Tom

20190113_144657.jpg

20190113_144707.jpg

20190113_144826.jpg

Edited by 1965rivgs (see edit history)

2 hours ago, RivNut said:

20+ years ago, when you could still find 1st generation Rivieras in salvage yards, I came across a full set of four mats (black) in perfect shape in a car and the owner of the lot had the audacity to charge me $1.00 for each of them.  

Nice story Ed. - that price is stupid cheap!