Car parts

nick8086

Yes, Customs is involved with any package shipped out of the country.  If you are shipping a box the post office will give you a form to fill out detailing what you're sending, it's country of origin and value.  Usually, the receiver will be responsible for paying any duty fees and import taxes.  Those fees & taxes can be significant depending on where it's going.

You also need to be cognizant of package size restrictions and restricted items.  Your best bet is to go to the USPS website and take a look under the "International" tab. There's a lot of info there for you to look at.

Wes in VT

50 minutes ago, nick8086 said:

Do car parts have to go thru customs? If you ship them over seas..

Or it just like sending a letter.. 

Outbound isn't normally a problem (there are a few exceptions) but inbound is where it will be generally be inspected and taxed. Haven't ever had an issue with customs here and I've imported a lot of parts

1 hour ago, tripwire said:

Yes, Customs is involved with any package shipped out of the country.  If you are shipping a box the post office will give you a form to fill out detailing what you're sending, it's country of origin and value.  Usually, the receiver will be responsible for paying any duty fees and import taxes.  Those fees & taxes can be significant depending on where it's going.

You also need to be cognizant of package size restrictions and restricted items.  Your best bet is to go to the USPS website and take a look under the "International" tab. There's a lot of info there for you to look at.

Wes in VT

I agree.

4 hours ago, Mark Gregory said:

I read on the Forum a few years ago if you ship a car to Australia and it has asbestos in the brake shoes , etc . They will not let it in the country because it is a hazardous product . So if you are shipping anything like that check it out first . If I have the story straight ?

Really is luck of the draw, some people have had problems and other people have had shipments pass straight through