1936 Roadmaster trunk liner

Bill Stewart

I have the proper fabric for the interior of the trunk but I don't remember the way the factory placed the pieces. Does anyone have a picture of an original trunk interior or one that was done as original? Car has sidemounts, so no spare tire shelf. Sure would be appreciated.Text or email would also be fine.

Bill Stewart 

231-675-3534

bstewart.cvx@gmail.com

Hi Bill,

I have been working on an article about trunk fit out on '36 Buicks for some time, as i think I have finished something new crops up

I have attached a few images from my articles provided by a few US AACA members showing the original rubber mat and fabric.  One of the US suppliers does (le Baron Bonney??) does provide a fabric very close to the original

Hope this helps

Cheers

Paul

Buick trunk -ebay.jpg

Buick trunk 2- rod cook.jpg

My Buick is a 1937 Special, and the trunk has a shelf above the spare, but here are some photos:

(***  NOTE ***   I ordered a trunk kit from LeBaron Bonney in a nice striped pattern.  It is their Fabric  TL - 25. It is not what my car had originally.  Originally I had a "burlap-like" fabric on the sides of the trunk and a rubber-type mat on the floor under the spare tire.  But I like the new fabric, so I did the entire trunk in this fabric)  Here are some photos of the panels:

DSC_0837.thumb.JPG.6692d4a10cae3624098cd99288934138.JPG

The floor mat has the cutouts for the wheel wells.  I had to cut it to make room for the shelf support.

1272533656_DSC_0941(1).thumb.JPG.b365c8531a0507347794eeb000e0bd19.JPG

The floor and the side panels installed.  I used headliner adhesive to secure the side panels.

523328305_DSC_0945(1).thumb.JPG.e5b686f96da762e76e26a01d9274b204.JPG

The tool shelf....  or tool area has a heavily padded fabric that is cut and sewn so it drops in there just right.

DSC_1212.thumb.JPG.0e62875ae400d24f1adba35a67517dcd.JPG

Because I have the shelf, the kit also has a mat to cover the shelf and a spare tire "curtain".

Sorry about the multiple posts....  I re sized everything down to about 700 kb, but still could not get them into the post.

Edited by Gary W (see edit history)

Here's a photo of the trunk in my 39 Roadmaster.  I believe that the fabric is a LeBaron Bonney kit. (The previous owner also redid the ulphostery with a LeBaron Bonney kit.) I have front side mounts, so there is no spare tire hardware.

My rubber trunk mat appears to be original.

IMG_20170628_181040888.jpg

Edited by BuickBob49
Add photo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi Bill,

The main problem, viewed from 82 years after the event, is to try and determine what is original and what was replaced/ undated/ modified/ partly modified over time.

As mentioned my article is still a work in progress but I will send you what I have so far if you are interested

cheers

paul