DIYS '63 Riv Manual(s)?

Bdad

I bought a '63 Riv and while I'm waiting for arrangements for transport to be made I'm trying to get my ducks lined up. I would like to be able to handle smaller repairs and tinker so I'm in need to a good manual(s). I did a little looking online but thought I would ask the experts where I should turn for such an item(s). Appreciate guidance.

dick

The original factory shop manuals are the only way to go.  Readily available.  On eBay, look for the listing for 1963 Full Size Buicks.  That will include Riviera.  If you look for 1963 Riviera, the same book will be $10-20 more!  Just for having the Riviera name in the listing!

I also have the '63 Dealer Service Bulletins on CD ($10) and the '1963 Buick Master Chassis Parts List on CD ($10), plus $6.50 postage for both in the same mailer, if you want them.  I'm not selling them to get rich at these prices, just to help other '63 owners out.  If you want them, please email me at 63Rivvy (at) gmail (dot) com

Have fun with the car. If you have not already, post a few pix!

Oh, and I'd like a photo of the data plate on the firewall, above the power brake booster, to add to my collection.  Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Jim Cannon said:

The original factory shop manuals are the only way to go.  Readily available.  On eBay, look for the listing for 1963 Full Size Buicks.  That will include Riviera.  If you look for 1963 Riviera, the same book will be $10-20 more!  Just for having the Riviera name in the listing!

I also have the '63 Dealer Service Bulletins on CD ($10) and the '1963 Buick Master Chassis Parts List on CD ($10), plus $6.50 postage for both in the same mailer, if you want them.  I'm not selling them to get rich at these prices, just to help other '63 owners out.  If you want them, please email me at 63Rivvy (at) gmail (dot) com

Have fun with the car. If you have not already, post a few pix!Ivee

Oh, and I'd like a photo of the data plate on the firewall, above the power brake booster, to add to my collection.  Thanks!

I've got these CD's that Jim sells.  Those along with a real chassis manual, and you've got pretty much everything you need.

4 hours ago, Jim Cannon said:

4 hours ago, RivNut said:

I've got these CD's that Jim sells.  Those along with a real chassis manual, and you've got pretty much everything you need.

4 hours ago, Jim Cannon said:

This the manual on Ebay?  https://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-Buick-Full-Size-Shop-Service-Repair-Manual-Original-GM-Nice-Used/192667096251?hash=item2cdbda94bb:g:uSwAAOSwfsFbfL5S:rk:1:pf:0

2 hours ago, steelman said:

You need both. In 63, the Riviera was the 4700 series. The eBay link above shows a chassis manual that covers the 4700 Series. That is one of the ones you need.

For the body manual one like this? https://www.ebay.com/itm/BUICK-SHOP-MANUAL-1963-BODY-SERVICE-REPAIR-BOOK/222571998661?fits=Year%3A1963|Model%3ARiviera|Make%3ABuick&hash=item33d2532dc5:g:fMMAAOSwKO5bsWGF:rk:2:pf:0