Grand Classic and Tour down the Cape

alsancle

The NE region hosted a Grand Classic and tour this week on Cape Cod.   I didn't get to do the tour but did get to the show today.  It was held at the Heritage Plantation in Sandwich which has its own car museum with some pretty nice Classics.  This show was different than ones I have been to in the past.  Public was allowed admission, I don't know what the fee was.   At the end they did a parade of Classics back to the trailer parking.

IMG_4646.jpg

IMG_4642.jpg

IMG_4641.jpg

IMG_4640.jpg

IMG_4639.jpg

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 1

For those of you that know Ed you would probably be shocked but he did something really really smart yesterday.   On the parade route back to the trailer parking there is a steep incline with a sharp turn hard left.  Much like the hill on the PB tour where everyone dies.  This hill was worse because you could only see the car in front of you for maybe the first 50%.   The road is 1 car wide.   There was a super nice Packard (I really want one) running in front of him.  Ed stopped 50 feet before the start of the hill waiting to catch a glimpse of the Packard off on the left after it cleared the hill.   It never did and came rolling back down the hill in front of him.    When he got to level ground the vacum tank started working and the car started.   This time he really gunned it up the hill and made it.

One thing I've learned from watching these tours is that when you see a sharp hill you need to give plenty of distance between cars and then take the hill like it is a race.

• Like 2

Thanks so much for posting the photographs of the event, really neat to see. Those who read this who have ever helped to organize a major car show/event will realize how many people put the endless hours in to make everything run smoothly and appear to happen with little or no effort!  I wish I could have been there in person, but I do not make the call when it comes to being able to attend things now and haven't for 10 months since my surgery, the doctors and surgeon tell me what I can and can't do. It looks like Hershey will be the first thing I can attend and that will be even more special that it has been i the past. Congratulations to the New England Region CCCA on their fine show.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

Reminds me of the old Lyndhurst meet in Tarrytown, N.Y. What is the maroon two seater to the right of the Packard? Bob 

Late 1930’s MG.

On 9/9/2018 at 4:48 AM, alsancle said:

For those of you that know Ed you would probably be shocked but he did something really really smart yesterday.   On the parade route back to the trailer parking there is a steep incline with a sharp turn hard left.  Much like the hill on the PB tour where everyone dies.  This hill was worse because you could only see the car in front of you for maybe the first 50%.   The road is 1 car wide.   There was a super nice Packard (I really want one) running in front of him.  Ed stopped 50 feet before the start of the hill waiting to catch a glimpse of the Packard off on the left after it cleared the hill.   It never did and came rolling back down the hill in front of him.    When he got to level ground the vacum tank started working and the car started.   This time he really gunned it up the hill and made it.

One thing I've learned from watching these tours is that when you see a sharp hill you need to give plenty of distance between cars and then take the hill like it is a race.

I am sure the real reason that @edinmass waited because he mistook the brake for the clutch again and it momentarly confused him. He does not seem to get the opertunity to drive nice big cars very much since he moved to Florida to retire and eat at the early bird buffet"s. The pictures look great @alsancle Is that Tom's 903?

• Like 1