1928 Buick roadster for sale $32,000 Canadian

Not a '29. Everything I see says '28.  I don't know if the bumper is a Buick bumper or not. They used several in those years. I don't recognize that bumper as being correct, but then again, I am not a Buick expert. I do know that some Buick master series did use a three bar bumper (many did not). However, I don't recall them having that "kick out" in the middle.  But I could be wrong about that. 

I didn't see anything that gave the wheelbase. 120 inch and 128 inch were master wheelbases, depending upon body style (size). The standard was a 116 inch wheelbase if I recall correctly. I think (could be wrong here?), those figures work for 1926/'27/'28. I don't know the wheelbase for '29 models. The standard and master look so much alike, I can't tell them apart in most photographs (a real Buick expert may be able to?). A few details I do know, weren't shown in the pictures on the listing site. Most parts and many style details look alike,  just a small size difference between standard and master series. Almost nothing interchanges between them. I know a couple details on the engine I can sometimes see in engine photos, but those were not shown in the one engine photo in the listing.

Well, I went straight from here to another website forum I spend way too much time on, and they had an "Identify this car" old photo that I think is a Buick also. Made me dig out my KImes and Clark book and look at Buick for a different detail. But while there, I checked with what they say. According to the specifications listed in KImes and Clark, the Buick standard series wheelbase is 114.5 inch, not the 116 I was thinking I remembered.  Now, I know there are a few errors in that book? But for this I would believe what they say.

Yes it looks to be a very nice car. Done up the way many liked to see a sport roadster. The colors for the 1928-24 (115 series) would be Trail Green Body with vermilion stripe. The fenders were still to be black. No 2 tone in 1928 as there had been in 1926 and 1927.  Here is what the car looks like in the correct Trail Green color. It is currently for sale on the Horseless Carriage site. It looks to be a 1928-54 Master series. At least it matches the catalog illustration.926106306_127331.jpg.9ab4c59a56a9748ce12c0034aa6ee526.jpg 

Edited by dibarlaw
Added content (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...