Just listed this morning 1914 Buick

Looks like lots of parts value there if the price stays reasonable.  Let’s just make sure we are not bidding against one another and inflating the price. 

I have no need/interest but maybe discuss here who needs what and divide and conquer?

I also see the seller has no eBay sales history. Either is a newbie or wants you not to see history.  A guess is newbie. 

No interest on my side of things (I mean there's interest, but I have way too many projects right now ?), however there looks to be three total cars in the unit (two behind the parts car). At least one looks to be a 1 or 2 cylinder horseless carriage (REO maybe?), and another car with a top up in the way back...

Edited by rustyjazz1938 (see edit history)

Yes I was wondering what was lurking in the back. I can only view the first 4 photos . The site will not load the rest. I agree with Brian it is more of a parts car than a restoration project. But then again see what they can look like.

DSCF6843.thumb.JPG.45db0f68c96c2b1beea80786cd26aa33.JPGMr.Obermeyer's car from Cal. at the Denver meet.

DSCF6844.thumb.JPG.012bda6191035abf0380bde73ca0a57a.JPG

DSCF6855.thumb.JPG.8845c4c07020853b68f26704fd13951f.JPGMore views from Denver.

The Obermeyer 1914-24  from Cal.   Glen Manes' 1913-25 recently purchased. And the 1908 Model F from the Valparaiso Obermeyers.

Another observation is the amount of dirt on the concrete and cars would suggest these cars/parts have been sitting for years in this storage facility. Like 10+. 

Larry Schramm and I have gone and looked at less as they say. This is a little over an hour away from my home.  A little closer for Larry. 

The other thought is, does the seller know what he has or was that info lost with the death of a family member as an example?

If possible I would buy the wooden rim from the steering wheel for my '15 c 25 project or any 17 inch OD smooth ( no finger grips) wood rim I could adapt.   From the photos everything looks worn.  I, too, live about an hour from Dearborn Heights.  Regards, Gary

10 hours ago, cxgvd said:

If possible I would buy the wooden rim from the steering wheel for my '15 c 25 project or any 17 inch OD smooth ( no finger grips) wood rim I could adapt.   From the photos everything looks worn.  I, too, live about an hour from Dearborn Heights.  Regards, Gary

Gary,

You can buy a new wood steering wheel without grips from Stutzman Wheel Works in Ohio.  They are about US $100.00.   I just bought one for my '08 last spring when they respoked my '08 wheels.  Call and leave a message and they will call you back.

http://oacbusinessregistry.com/listing/post_number_326-4/

Larry

• Thanks 1

I went and looked at the car, but it was already fairly picked over.  It also looked as if it sat outside a lot of years. There was an extra engine in the original picture listing but it went with another car by mistake.  The listing shows that the car sold.  The best item might be if you had a bad engine and could salvage the engine jugs and crank, etc.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)