(#16) Traveling through Yosemite’s Wawona Tunnel Tree:These...

tumblr_pbb02nQJIW1rkxyk6o3_500.jpg

tumblr_pbb02nQJIW1rkxyk6o2_500.jpg

tumblr_pbb02nQJIW1rkxyk6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_pbb02nQJIW1rkxyk6o4_500.jpg

tumblr_pbb02nQJIW1rkxyk6o5_500.jpg

(#16) Traveling through Yosemite’s Wawona Tunnel Tree:

These five photographs were taken at different times in the same location. The Wawona Tunnel Tree was a popular tourist attraction at Yosemite National Park. The entrance was carved out of a giant Sequoia in 1881. The tree lived to be over 2,000 years old but ultimately fell to the ground in 1969. 

The cars in these photographs currently remain unidentified. Feel free to send us your guesses. We will check your work and let you know if you are correct!

View the full article

The first one is a Wills Sainte Claire, and then a 1936 DeSoto.

The big antique with the Westinghouse shock absorbers I am not sure of but I do know the photo is printed back to front. The car should be right hand drive. The car looks to date from about 1912-13. 

The car might be a 1912 Pierce-Arrow Model 36.

The bus is a White, probably early 1920s and the last car is a 1925 Buick. 1925 was the last year Buick had the headlights with a bar between them. From 1926 they were mounted above the bar so that the lights were interchangeable.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, nzcarnerd said:

The big antique with the Westinghouse shock absorbers I am not sure of but I do know the photo is printed back to front. The car should be right hand drive. The car looks to date from about 1912-13. 

I believe that car is a Locomobile, circa 1923 with those Westinghouse shocks.

Craig

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you, everyone, for all the help with these! I was able to verify a few of these with the time I had. @nzcarnerd, the radiator mascot/hood ornament you are referring to could be an aftermarket thing. In fact, I think it might be a Yosemite National Park souvenir. The reason I think it is is that the emblem also appears to be on the Buick (last image). You can see it on the front of the grille, right atop the license plate.

• 4 months later...