Sunbeam Tiger Mark II for sale

#14 of 536 Mark II Tigers built. Originally destined to be a British police car, but pulled from the production line when the British police reduced the number of cars on their order. Police order markings were found under the taillight when we restored the car. Very rare Commodore Blue. Many LAT options: hardtop, LAT 70 wheels, LAT 1 intake and carb, LAT 4 Cast aluminum Tiger oil pan (one of only two I have ever seen), LAT 5 Traction Bars, LAT 8 aluminum valve covers, tach, LAT 50 Ltd slip rear, headers, LAT 74 2" exhaust, LAT metal hood scoop. 100 miles on rotisserie restoration by Tiger expert and Pebble Beach winner. Correct down to the NOS jute used on the back of the wool carpet. The restoration of this car could not be finer and the condition is as-new. Perfect body lines. Hundreds of hours went into making sure this restoration was accurate. Even the seat frames were stripped, the welds reinforced and the correct gray color reapplied before being recovered by Martha Christianson using the factory materials. The burlwood dash is beautifully refinished, as are the instruments. To keep the car as accurate as possible, the original wiring harness was refurbished. Three tones of black in the engine compartment. Rust & accident-free body with all original sheet metal. Impeccable single stage paint in the factory color, cut and buffed to look like factory lacquer. Every factory weld is in place. Undercarriage as nice as the top. Every bolt, screw, and hose is correct and cad plated. This Tiger runs as good as it looks, with every mechanical component being rebuilt using the finest components and fully sorted. Multiple Concours & AACA (Hershey) Senior award winner, AACA National Award Nominee. Featured on the cover of Classic Motorsports. Original and complete toolkit. Hundreds of restoration photos. Two owners and documented history. Original license plates. All original and numbers matching components. $210,000 443-386-6170, 1146kim@gmail.com

Blue front 23rds.jpg

Blue engine.jpg

23rd rear blue.jpg

IMG_3060.JPG

IMG_4378.JPG

IMG_4400.JPG

IMG_4398.JPG

IMG_4388.JPG

IMG_3049.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3105.JPG

#14 body 2.JPG

#14 body.JPG

28665779-770-0@2X.jpg

#14 298.JPG

#14 gears.JPG

I have always likes these cars.

I drove one once for about 200 feet when I worked in the detail shop at a Ford dealer many many years ago.

However I am not any more familiar than that.

So, What makes it a Mark II and what is LAT?

I would think that potential buyers might like to know where it is located. One pic shows a license plate that is not familiar to me.

9 hours ago, JACK M said:

I have always likes these cars.

I drove one once for about 200 feet when I worked in the detail shop at a Ford dealer many many years ago.

However I am not any more familiar than that.

So, What makes it a Mark II and what is LAT?

I would think that potential buyers might like to know where it is located. One pic shows a license plate that is not familiar to me.

Thank you for your reply! The last 536 Tigers were Mark II cars. Attached is an article featuring the car that is for sale. It explains the differences between the Mark 1, 1A and Mark II cars. LAT (Los Angeles Tiger) options were factory options available for US spec cars. Attached is the factory brochure. The Tiger for sale in this ad is located in Maryland. 

Classic Motorsports_Page_01.jpg

Classic Motorsports_Page_02.jpg

Classic Motorsports_Page_03.jpg

Classic Motorsports_Page_04.jpg

Classic Motorsports_Page_05.jpg

Classic Motorsports_Page_06.jpg

Classic Motorsports_Page_07.jpg

Classic Motorsports_Page_08.jpg

LAT-brochure_Page_01.jpg

LAT-brochure_Page_02.jpg

LAT-brochure_Page_03.jpg

LAT-brochure_Page_04.jpg

LAT-brochure_Page_05.jpg

LAT-brochure_Page_10.jpg

LAT-brochure_Page_12.jpg

LAT-brochure_Page_13.jpg

LAT-brochure_Page_14.jpg

LAT-brochure_Page_16.jpg

• Like 1

Great photos of a 100% restoration. The car looks almost too nice to drive. I certainly would not be the one to put the first grease/oil stain on that perfect chassis.

Thanks for sharing the photos and good luck on the sale.