help 33 Dodge floor board removal help

hey Dodge Brothers, 

I got the floor board removed under driver feet location, I am trying to get the gas peddle removed but cant seem to figure out where there would be screws or any kind of pin's to remove it. 

I am very close to cutting the carpet around it to make it slide over the peddle, but there has got to be a way to get the peddle off so I can remove the carpet then remove the floor board that is slanted towards the fire wall. 

I have one forum that said some pop on and off using a ball type mount where I should be able to pull and the peddle will pop off. but I am not sure. I will be trying this when I get home. 

any info on this to help me get the gas peddle off? 

That ball would be located on the heal end of the pedal...the plastic female end on the back of the pedal loses its elasticity and becomes hard, but with enough pressure it will slip off the ball...

My pedal (1930) has a metal bracket screwed to the floor with two of those balls in it. The pedal has two holes for them and a hole at the top for the accelerator rod. But mine is Canadian made RHD and is apparently nothing like the American acceleration pedal, which was hinged at the bottom. My carpet has a slot to fit around the metal bracket.

The blasted pedal keeps falling off the two balls at the bottom.

The Parts List seems to show those buttons, as shown by @keiser31, are used only on RHD DP Dodges. The DP, DQ have an "accelerator pedal stem" and the DP has an "accelerator pedal stem pin", so I suspect yours has a sort of hinge with the bottom part (basically a bit of flat with the ends bent up with a hole in them) screwed to the floor. If it is like this, the back of the pedal will have a tab on each side at the bottom, each with a hole in it. A pin goes through pedal tab, floor tab, to other floor tab, pedal tab as a hinge.... or something like that perhaps? I also suspect the Parts List is incomplete.

Take out the carpet and have a look! Get a mirror behind or under it. Feel around with your fingers. Whatever you need to do to find out what is there.

My '33 Plymouth has the double ball setup too. And apparently they kept that general design into at least the late 1940s.

No need to go to ebay to get them: They are pretty standard parts. Don't know the exact on you'd need, but if you look up "ball studs" you should find some.

See: http://www.ply33.com/Parts/group14#14-01-18

And: http://www.ply33.com/Parts/group14#945636

yup, seems to be that every time this car stumps me, its something so simple that it makes me over think, waste time, then 1-2 days later I talk to you all and get the problem solved with ease. 

well the peddle was held on with unibal's, 3 to be exact. the dang peddle pulled right off. 

the carpet in the car seems to be original stock from what I have been told.

I am in the process of taking out the bushings on the transmission to have them vulcanized. I am sure I may ask some questions about this later. 

38 minutes ago, Sactownog said:

. . .

the carpet in the car seems to be original stock from what I have been told.

. . .

Maybe Dodge was different that Plymouth in that respect: Through at least the 1930s the front floor covering on a Plymouth was always rubber. Rear seat would have carpet though. I think that may also have been true through the 1940s too but don't know.