First Gen headliner

Zimm63

greetings Z,   Do some serious shopping for an installer. Hopefully you'll find an old timer who has done a few of these. It's not an easy job and would be best done by someone with experience. Prices for installation can run up to $500. I was lucky to find an old guy with a tiny shop in an "office park" who did a perfect job for $250.,the cheapest estimate I could find. The job is do-able by anyone with a reasonable amount of ability, but from what I understand is a real PITA. If you shop by phone, make sure the person knows this a bow-frame headliner, not the modern type. Good luck!      Drew 

• Like 1

I did my own MANY yrs. ago. I didn't think it was that hard to do. Just need to pay attention to the details. I did this using the chassis/body manual when the internet was not as readily available as today.  I'm sure if you do a goggle search you'll come up with ALL kinds of videos & even find one with a 1st. gen installation.

Tom T.

I did mine back in the mid-1990's. I thought it was fairly easy. The sail panels are separate so all you are doing is putting in the flat part on top and around the rear window. Around the rear window it is a little fussy but adhesives have changed. It might be easier. When you chalk the center line on the backside, go easy. Mine is black and the white chalk showed through faintly, hard to clean off.

Mine was from Clark's. It wasn't expensive. For a $250 to $500 install price of uncertain quality, just buy two. You might not need the second, but if you have it...... you know the rest.

Bernie

I have THEE guy for u...he’s an old timer too...he helped me with my clamshells...but he’s an upholstery guy...go figure haha...but for whatever reason, I can’t tell where u live...I tired looking on your profile...aren’t we suppose to fill out our profile & be on first name basis here?? (Thats what someone barked at me when I first joined haha) Sorry...I haven’t been hanging around here like I used to...I’m sure things are different now...

Anyway, if u are anywhere near the San Fernando Valley part of Los Angeles Ca. Then u gotta go see Bill Griggs @ 11784 Sheldon St., Unit 3, Sun Valley CA 91352...(818) ‭606-7712‬

here is a 64 he just did the headliner & sail panels (Clarks products) on when I showed up for help with my clamshells. 

F0DB3624-B000-4065-8C41-7FA1A082568D.thumb.jpeg.6ce96cd62420617f75e658e52e301436.jpeg

BA5C52DF-7A30-4703-9F0D-7A3C91984367.thumb.jpeg.83af64633923d4c8ab64f07d6e2ed5d2.jpeg