Teenagers and Old Cars

coachJC

We finally had a day where we could rotate the winter toys(snowmobiles) and the summer toys(Model Ts) with the help of the my boys, and before I knew it the T was up and down the back roads with the dust flying. I was enjoying every minute watching them go. There are young kids out there that have interest in old cars and not just 60's-80's cars. Now if we just get the antique automobile insurance companies In Ontario to take off the min 10 years of driving experience before they can get insurance we would be even further ahead with getting kids involved in the hobby. For now, they are stuck to the side roads around the house.

Jeff

boys in T.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Making memories. Those happy kids will never forget you or that great ride.  I had an old Dodge pickup that the grandsons thought they had to ride in every time they came over and drive when they got older. 

We have a 1915 Model T in our family that my uncle bought in 1950. He always took us for rides when he came back to the farm. Now the tables as turned and my brother who bought the car from him takes him for rides when he goes to visit.

• Like 4

I remember vividly when my dad first showed me how to drive his 1911 Model T when I was 16, I was up and down the back rd we lived on using up all the gas in gas can set aside for the lawnmower.

• Haha 1

Well done, Coach. THIS is the way to enjoy antique cars, and to attract young people to the hobby. They might not be able to afford a Duesenberg or an LS-6 Chevelle...but Model T's and lots of other antiques are very affordable now. (Especially when a family member already owns one!) 

Kudos to you! ?

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for all the great comments and ? on this. I am just doing what my dad did for me at that age. I want to give them the opportunities and exposure to this great hobby and if they go with it in the future as I did that is great. You never know who will and who won't as my brother had the same opportunities that I did and does not have the same interest. He does come out to the occasional show driving one of our dads cars but will probably never own one of his own.

Jeff

• Like 2