Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction 2018

NCBRIJEN

On the docket for Thursday January 18th!  A no reserve auction... hope to see encouraging bidding.

Lot #633 - One of 2,132 convertibles built in 1990, this Reatta is powered by a GM 3800 V6 engine backed by automatic transmission with a fully independent suspension and front-wheel-drive. This car has been shown at two concours events and has been climate-control garaged its whole life. The front windshield, brakes, battery, wheels, and tires are all in great condition and the non-smoking interior has been well maintained. The paint has been regularly polished and waxed, and shows very well with the original white convertible top. With 14,366 original miles, this vehicle has had no previous collision damage and includes a protective, chip-resistant, padded vinyl front end bra and custom-fit car cover. Highly detailed undercarriage.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1990-BUICK-REATTA-CONVERTIBLE-214559

• Like 1

Ronnie:  I believe the only Reattas that had this style wheel in 1990 from the factory was the Select Sixty and they were painted white.  My guess is that the owner swapped out the original 90 wheels with 1991 rims.

• Thanks 1

I am watching the Tuesday auction right now.  It appears that low mileage cars in excellent condition are bringing a premium.  It will be interesting to see what yours brings.

I live within driving distance of the show but am reluctant to pay the $400 fee  (so I have heard) to be able to watch the auction.  They do such a great job on Velocity  TV that I  prefer to watch it at home.

I have also been known to be a bit of a cheap old fart!

• Like 1

I looked at the car yesterday and it is a very nice car. '90 with 91 wheels. The top was down so I couldn't see the condition of it and I didn't open the hood but am guessing since the rest of the car was that nice it was probably detailed there also.

Tomorrow I will be going to the Silver Auction. Last year they had a real ratty Reatta there. I will post if another one shows up this year.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2018 at 6:41 AM, NCBRIJEN said:

On the docket for Thursday January 18th!  A no reserve auction... hope to see encouraging bidding.

Lot #633 - One of 2,132 convertibles built in 1990, this Reatta is powered by a GM 3800 V6 engine backed by automatic transmission with a fully independent suspension and front-wheel-drive. This car has been shown at two concours events and has been climate-control garaged its whole life. The front windshield, brakes, battery, wheels, and tires are all in great condition and the non-smoking interior has been well maintained. The paint has been regularly polished and waxed, and shows very well with the original white convertible top. With 14,366 original miles, this vehicle has had no previous collision damage and includes a protective, chip-resistant, padded vinyl front end bra and custom-fit car cover. Highly detailed undercarriage.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1990-BUICK-REATTA-CONVERTIBLE-214559

This could be a 'jumping the shark' event (in a good way).  National exposure (even from B-J) might open the eyes/interest of others looking for something different.