If you could?

benjamin j

Good play on words, Bernie.  But actually, Willys is pronounced "Willis," not "Willees."

A thread sometime in the past year discussed how to pronounce the name, for whatever that historical fact is worth.

Here's the pronunciation right from the company's own mouth--

the first 15 seconds gives the name twice.

I contributed to the correct pronunciation of Willys. I have spent some time around Elmira. I decided the other guy from Elmira might do the same as I.

Now someone got a chance to smile and was refreshed on what is correct, too. I feel warm.

Bernie

6 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Hi Craig. While poking fun at a better known long lost independent (how's that for an oxymoron), they made some sporty looking cars for the time.  Nice link!

I look at Subaru as the current day version of AMC and Studebaker as they make sturdy small cars featuring hill holder and all wheel drive in a nice package.  Nothing too daring as far as as styling goes but effective for what it has to do. 

29 minutes ago, TerryB said:

I look at Subaru as the current day version of AMC and Studebaker as they make sturdy small cars featuring hill holder and all wheel drive in a nice package.  Nothing too daring as far as as styling goes but effective for what it has to do

The SVX was rather daring in some ways, aside from the bland front end.  An interesting touch with the DeLorean-like "window within a window" side glass treatment.

Craig