38Buick 80C

Posted (edited)

OK so I bought a polishing setup

image000002.jpg.6d633688d5038a8334a47d79d423438e.jpg

image.jpeg.a1c76d5a01db48653e8fa90950878e10.jpeg

Here are some of the experimental pieces

image000000.jpg.a418fa1599e5509b0601a5d93de3e04f.jpg

image000001.jpg.8c2354eab46ed22ccc16af5f18b4bfb6.jpg

so results are mixed... the bottom piece which was pretty nice before cleaned up well

the other two pieces in the top photo... meh... I need to be patient and take my time... yeah I don't do that well... but at the moment not much else going on from a car perspective so might as well do a piece or two each night and save the harder ones for last.

Edited by 38Buick 80C (see edit history)
  • Like 5

What type of compounds are you using on the wheels? The right compounds make all the difference. With the right ones, the wheels easily clean up the worst looking stainless. Without the right compounds, it is difficult slow frustrating work. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MCHinson said:

What type of compounds are you using on the wheels? The right compounds make all the difference. With the right ones, the wheels easily clean up the worst looking stainless. Without the right compounds, it is difficult slow frustrating work. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BX4JHLXW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 38Buick 80C said:

I don't know anything about those compounds but I have used the Jacksonlea black 2 inch by 2 inch compound bar and a Jacksonlea white 2 inch by 2 inch bar with good results. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brian,

I think your wheel is probably to soft. Stainless is tough. You need a wheel that is pretty rigid.

What I did was, go to a plating shop and see if they have an old used wheel - those are tough. My stainless turned out perfect. You would have to make an adapter so it will fit the shaft on your motor.

The plating shop might think you are crazy.

Those wheels are a whole lot better

• Like 2