1961 Desoto Video - Episode 2 of 2

hullinger

About a week ago I posted a video on my 1961 Desoto.  Since that video I received a lot of feedback, both on this forum and elsewhere from folks saying how there are so many other interesting and unusual features of this car that I left out.  Because of that, I felt obliged to create a second episode expounding these points.

Chris

• Like 1

Hey John, thanks so much.  You know, I see in your signature line that you have  a '61 Lincoln.  Well, I referenced the '61 Lincoln in Episode #1 of this Desoto video as an example of how dated the '61 Desoto was when compared to how automotive styling changed in the '61 model year.

Chris 

Hey Chris

EXCELLENT, great follow up. Our family had a 1960 Plymouth when new and that too had the push button transmission.

It was a great feature and never gave any trouble , a favorite Uncle of mine had a 1962 Dodge when new, and that had the same push button feature.

He was my favorite uncle because he was the only one in the family that didn't think I was nuts because I liked old cars !

Thanks again for making the effort to do and share this with all of us.

Walt

On 9/6/2017 at 5:48 PM, michel88 said:

Chris that was another well done and interesting video.  I liked the drive you took with it and the jazz music was great!

Woody, thanks so much.  I enjoy talking about this car and sharing it with others.  I've got another video in the works that has a layer of satire and I hope it comes out well and not hokey.    We'll see.  Anyways, thanks again.

On 9/6/2017 at 0:34 PM, Walt G said:

Hey Chris

EXCELLENT, great follow up. Our family had a 1960 Plymouth when new and that too had the push button transmission.

It was a great feature and never gave any trouble , a favorite Uncle of mine had a 1962 Dodge when new, and that had the same push button feature.

He was my favorite uncle because he was the only one in the family that didn't think I was nuts because I liked old cars !

Thanks again for making the effort to do and share this with all of us.

Walt

Walt, thanks for the comment.  You're too kind.  It's interesting about the '60 Plymouth and '62 Dodge.  They're pretty wacky cars and I've always wondered about who the person was that bought these new.  I'd love to meet up with you at Hershey this fall.  I'm trying to rearrange my schedule so I can get there for a day.  There's a bunch of car video stuff I'd love to speak with you about 

1 hour ago, 8E45E said:

Again, very well done video!

I hope you have also been able to find some of the scarce 1961 Desoto dealer items and magazine advertising.  

Craig

Craig, thanks for the comment and for checking out my video.  I really do appreciate it.  I didn't think of finding dealer items and advert.  I think I'll start my search at Hershey.  No doubt something will turn up there!  -Chris

10 hours ago, hullinger said:

I didn't think of finding dealer items and advert.  I think I'll start my search at Hershey.  No doubt something will turn up there!  -Chris

Don't forget to look for that special '61 Desoto clock!!    One might also turn up at Hershey!

Craig

6 hours ago, zipdang said:

Great videos! I would love to see music credits! You have great taste in what you choose.

Thanks for checking out my video on the Desoto.  As for the music, the scene in the middle of the video with the walkaround of the car is  the editing software I use, iMovie.  The track title is called Daydream.  The track at the end of the video with the driving scenes is called Hold On A Second and I got that from the free music library on Youtube.  Thanks again.  Chris

On September 5, 2017 at 9:12 PM, hullinger said:

About a week ago I posted a video on my 1961 Desoto.  Since that video I received a lot of feedback, both on this forum and elsewhere from folks saying how there are so many other interesting and unusual features of this car that I left out.  Because of that, I felt obliged to create a second episode expounding these points.

Chris

Cool video of a Great car, thanks