Cushman Truckster Year?

auburnseeker

Maybe your friend would consider this one.

Street legal and a clear title in my name.

Its a 1988 and everything works, including the heater and defroster.

I put brand new tires on it a few months ago.

I am asking $2500.

IM003337.JPG

IM003339.JPG

IM003346.JPG

IM003343.JPG

When I listed this on the local CL I got many phone call asking how to get one street legal.

Very few for sale that can be driven on the streets.

As for titles, they probably all had an MSO at some point, but one needs to find one that was in service on public streets like a meter maid or the likes.

This is the second one that I have owned and I am particular about titles and street legal.

I took it to the Portland swap meet last April and had the same registration questions asked.

There were probably a hundred for sale there and mine was the only street legal one.

Most guys looking at the swap meet only want them for swap meets and don't care about registrations or titles.

I thought I had it sold to a local ice cream guy in the spring but he couldn't afford it so he does his rout in a 70s Ford pick up gas hog (he cant afford that either).

I got it from an old tight wad that used it to drive to work and back. about a 20 mile round trip. To bad he didn't know how to do tune ups, and to cheap to pay some one to do one.

As a 17 year old in 1959, my summer job was driving a Cushman Truckster with a 4 ft sq by 30 in high freezer box.  It was cooled by dry ice blocks lasting about 12 hours.  It was a great tool for picking up girls & the money was good.

This was years before the post office scooters.  My scooter did not have cab and the front looked like a late 40s vintage including a handle bar.  The engine was under the seat and the shifter was on the right side.  Later models used a steering wheel with the shifter on the column.  Meater maids used the later versions.

The ice cream model was an 8hp motor with a Crosley clluch, trans, and rear end unit.  The truckster weighed 1,000 pounds & max speed was 35 mph.  They also sold units with a small pickup box but they were geared higher.

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎01 at 4:45 PM, huptoy said:

This was years before the post office scooters.  My scooter did not have cab and the front looked like a late 40s vintage including a handle bar.  The engine was under the seat and the shifter was on the right side.  Later models used a steering wheel with the shifter on the column.  Meter maids used the later versions.

The 'meter maids' also used them here in Calgary as well.  On flat rear panel, they had a chart showing running tally of the local road accident statistics for the year.

Craig