GLASS BOWL ON FUEL FILTER REMOVAL

buick special

In the obscure illustrated dictionary "doohickey" is nine pages ahead of "muckett" which I am sure you do know is part of a Goose's Bridle and sixteen pages before "thingamajig" which is three pages before "whatsit".:):)

We used to sell two types in the 60's and 70's when I was in GM parts.  We sold sediment bowls which were simply an inlet, an outlet and a glass bowl to catch sediment.  We also sold fuel filters (sediment bowl type) which had a ceramic (white) or metal (copper) filter and a spring to hold it up in place inside the bowl.  Some fuel pumps came either way as well.

thank you both for your replies

can I use a filter on a non filter bowl?

also is there suppose to be a metal washer / spacer on the bottom of the glass bowl where the bracket holds the bowl in place?

When I removed the bowl I noticed after I cleaned it that when I put it back on it did not tighten as though it needed a spacer on the bottom of the glass bowl

As BuickBob49 says there are two different size gaskets and several different size filters.  Here is an exploded picture of one type.  Do a Google search and you will fined hundreds of illustrations.

3643_2bd86.jpg