59 imperial possibly eisenhower related

Guest 59 imperial

Guest 59 imperial

Imperial 59 barnfind widow owned. Damn near showroom.in wasilla alaska. Starting at 26600$ but will entertain offers call greg 907 315 8565

1499725998115-1595949037.jpg

14997260399311140565481.jpg

14997260724551126184426.jpg

Edited by 59 imperial
Price (see edit history)

Guest BillP

My first job out of navy boot camp was to polish the Admiral's Lockheed Constellation. It was said to be have been the former Columbine, Ike's plane.

I am reading this ad.

Thus, the connection is proven.

Guest 59 imperial
2 hours ago, JACK M said:

If that was my showroom I would be looking for new help.

Its not ashowroom and im not a salesman. But its still a cool car

Guest 59 imperial
1 hour ago, keiser31 said:

Why do you say, "possibly Eisenhower related"?

The dear friend who passed worked at the anchkrage airport for 30 plus years and was there when ike visited ak.on his word i began to do the research.

Guest 59 imperial
2 minutes ago, BillP said:

My first job out of navy boot camp was to polish the Admiral's Lockheed Constellation. It was said to be have been the former Columbine, Ike's plane.

I am reading this ad.

Thus, the connection is proven.

I am doing the research but the owner that passed was a ggod man/ friend and i believe his story . he had no reason to lie

I saw no story. That is why I asked. I didn't say I thought it was an untrue story. I was just curious as to the connection. Is there a story to read about it?

Guest BillP

"I am doing the research but the owner that passed was a ggod man/ friend and i believe his story . he had no reason to lie "

Good friends are few, I'm truly glad he was your friend. There is no implication that he fabricated anything. Your mention of Ike caused my recollection, which I related in a light-hearted way. BTW, I've always liked this era Imperials; good luck with the sale. 

Guest 59 imperial

the story is my friend was the head fire engine mechanic at the Anchorage Airport for 35 years. When Ike visited there were many cars brought up to Alaska for his Entourage. Do you get things to Alaska is quite difficult and to get them back is even more difficult. The Story Goes that this was left in the airport and a contacts that mistakenly didn't get shipped. My friend acquired this car and acquired title in many years down the road it's sat in a Connex for almost 20 years. Then it was discovered and my friend acquired it he never really drove it a lot he just signed it and called it his Star Wars car he has passed and his widow recently has come into Financial Times that she needs to sell it. And that's about what I know

Guest 59 imperial
Just now, BillP said:

"I am doing the research but the owner that passed was a ggod man/ friend and i believe his story . he had no reason to lie "

Good friends are few, I'm truly glad he was your friend. There is no implication that he fabricated anything. Your mention of Ike caused my recollection, which I related in a light-hearted way. BTW, I've always liked this era Imperials; good luck with the sale. 

Guest 59 imperial

thank you he was a dear friend and a good man and it is a truly beautiful car and I'd like to see it find a good home someone who appreciates it for the beauty that it really has

Guest 59 imperial

The payments could be arranged through a shipper or an attorney of your choosing. This car has not been cleaned because this is the state in which I found it it is incredible and it is on the high-end. There is no rust it is fully option the crown Imperial emblems are still gold and shiny it's a beautiful car

Guest BillP

Be very careful cleaning it. Flush that grit or dust or whatever is on the paint with copious amounts of clean water.