driver side pw master switch gone wrong!

PullmeoverRED

Hi there! I want to attempt to try to resolve my window issue without going to a professional. 

The problem: I was out the other day and at the end of the night when it was time to drive home I couldn't put my driver side pw. In fact none of windows controlled by the driver side switch (that controls all 4 windows) worked. Individually all other 3 windows work properly. Could you please help me in pointing me in the right direction to determine where the problem is?

4 hours ago, PullmeoverRED said:

Hi there! I want to attempt to try to resolve my window issue without going to a professional. 

The problem: I was out the other day and at the end of the night when it was time to drive home I couldn't put my driver side pw. In fact none of windows controlled by the driver side switch (that controls all 4 windows) worked. Individually all other 3 windows work properly. Could you please help me in pointing me in the right direction to determine where the problem is?

. . . sure sounds like the harness connection to the master switch is loose or separated from the switch as others have stated.

Check for +12V DC on the main power feed wire going to the master switch - as it could be a broken power feed wire in the harness where it fits inside the rubber door jamb sleeve too? They do get brittle with age, and are subject to breaking with the constant flexing from the opening and closing of the driver's door.

Edited by 68RIVGS (see edit history)

The most likely problem in my opinion is that you have a broken wire in the door hinge area,

killing power to the master switch. The problem could also be a burnt connection at the switch if the harness

in the door jamb checks out OK. 

According to the wiring diagrams that I have for all three years of the first generation Rivieras, the power to ALL of the windows comes through the one main wire from the circuit breaker to the master switch on the driver's door panel.  If the windows are working on their own switch, then they're getting power through that main wire running through the door jamb to the master switch. No power to the windows via individual 12V sources.

I'd look at the switch itself.

Ed