Greenwich Pierce Arrow

ramair

Anyone see the 1924 Pierce Arrow that will be auctioned off.  Looks great on Bonhams website. Need opinions? 

If anyone gets there early today and has time to look at the 24 I would like your impression? My usual problem happened, too many thousands of miles away and the guy that was going to look for me can't, now if it turns out to be excellent or sell reasonably...........OH Well!

I have a force air induction w-34 Oldsmobile Toronado 1968 it is 1 of 111 made. When I was making up my member name , it was easier to use ramair as most people get the concept

27 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

What are you asking about? is this cell phone code work? Bob

I was guessing Pontiac Bob, but I was wrong.  I would have never guessed Toronado so I now I need to go learning something I didn't know.

20 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Still don't know what RAIV stands for.  Rat Adapted Influenza Virus doesn't seam right.  Bob

I'm with you. It is difficult to understand some of the abbreviations. I enjoy the postings immensely but get frustrated at these shortcuts. Please spell out or identify. Thank you so much.

16 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

Still don't know what RAIV stands for.  Rat Adapted Influenza Virus doesn't seam right.  Bob

Sorry Bob.  Musclecar stuff.   RAIV stands for Ram Air IV which was Pontiac most powerful street engine option for the GTO in 69 & 70.  I foolishly passed on a 69 RAIV Convertible 20 years ago because it was an automatic.  It bugs me still.

Would a GTO have enough power to tow the Packard? Is there a planned Antique Automobile feature on your Dad and the Packard restoration?  What was it that kept him hooked on the restoration, there had to be a few times were he thought of parting with it. Such a special story that needs to be told. Bob.........................oh, just remembered my sister & I bought a 1970 Le Mans convertible new in 1970, decals were different what else made it a GTO?

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)