1920's Cadillac chassis photo or illustration needed

1937hd45

Bob , this is the best I can do at the moment. V63 , 1924-1925. The '25 Roadster was completed by Harry Nicks in Redlands , CA , and made its debut at the San Marino Classic last Summer.  I hope this helps. I will copy this to Early V8 Cadillac group (earlyV8cadillac-subscribe@yahoogroups.com). Scott Emmerson in the group from Australia has done a last nut and bolt on a V63. I am sure he would have detailed info for you if needed.  -  Carl

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by C Carl
More info (see edit history)
  • Like 1

And this car and its owner were on the five-day Nickel Era Registry tour out of Murphys, CA in the Mother Lode Apr 23-27.  With almost 40 cars on the tour and a busy schedule, regrettably I didn't get a chance to introduce myself and compliment him on this superb restoration--but I did drool over the car in the hotel parking lot.

Hi George and Bob ! I thought you guys were at least healthy and wise , implying a reasonable geriatric bedtime ! I'm an unhealthy poor old fool , that's my excuse : )  Well here is Harry with his '26 Roadster. Take a long walk around his shop. That will tire you for a good nights sleep !   -  Carl 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Thank you all for the quick posts. There was a mystery chassis found and photos posted on the HAMB, I'm going to post a link to this thread, it supports my belief that it is a Cadillac chassis. Best wishes, Bob

Here is the HAMB thread:  https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/hamb-id-test-of-the-week.1060708/

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)

Here is a good pic of the platform springing on a'24 Cad. This was a parts car for the '25 Roadster Harry built for his customer. I am seeing discrepancies , but the frame in question looks to have been promiscuous. I am more curious about the exotic looking diff in the thing. What is that ? Certainly not '20s Cadillac.  - Carl

image.jpeg

1937 hd45:

Thanks for starting this inquiry.  The photo of the 1926 Buick on the HAMB sight was the first car I was thinking about buying when we were "looking for a driver Buick" on the forum back in 2010-2011. When I responded to the craigslist ad out of Pittsburgh PA. the only 2 photos were of terrible low resolution and postage stamp size. A 1926 Buick Touring car..... $18,000. 590f5b4963d49_pa0716-256855_1@2x1.thumb.jpg.44d63134474fd3b6651058e04623c6f9.jpgNot much more information. I did some quick research and found that Buick did not make a 2-Door touring and even though the photos were terrible I could tell that it was a cut down 2 door Standard coach. I always wanted to see what the car really looked like.

Larry