1951-1952 Chrysler Hubcaps

Can anyone help me identify 1951 and 1951 Chrysler Hubcaps. I have the Book titles "Hubcap & Wheelcover Identification Manual" by Bill Glass.
It covers 1946 to 1958 models and is an excellent book, however, I believe that it does have some mistakes.
I live in Australia and have been collecting Full Wheel Covers that were issued on American cars when new.
However, I ma having a few problems with correctly identifying my early Chrysler and Imperial Wheelcovers.
Ford instance, in the ID Book, it states that the 51 and 52 Chrysler Wheelcovers are the same.
I don't believe that that is correct, but need to know what the Wheelcovers for these 2 years looked like for both the Chrysler and Imperial.

The Attached Photos show the Chrysler Wheel Covers that I have. 
You will notice that there are two photos, as the second photo shows the Reverse side with the years written on in Felt Pen.
I believe that I have them correctly identified, with the exception of one two that I have labeled 1951-1952.
That is how these Wheelcovers are listed in teh above mentioned book.
Somehow, I believe that these Wheelcovers are correct for 1952, but a totally different one was issued for 1951.
Can anyone help me correctly identity these Hubcaps, and supply a picture of teh one that I am missing?
Regards Mercman from Oz <><

DSCN7295.JPG

DSCN7297.JPG

As a former owner of a 51 Chrysler New Yorker I believe the hubcaps were the same for 51 and 52. The only exterior change I know of is the tail lights and backup lights are separate on the 51, together in one bezel in 52. But, I wouldn't want to bet my life on it. Check out some contemporary  advertising pictures or brochures to confirm.

Simply go to Google, click on "Images" and enter "1951 Chrysler" and you'll see numerous examples of Chrysler Windors that used the hub cap on the lower left of your photo. Entering "1952 Chrysler" will get you results for the hub cap next to it (second from left on bottom row). Those images will also show photos of New Yorker and Imperial hub caps, which you'll note are similar, but not identical. Always remember, Google is your friend!

It seems from the above comments, that the 51 and 52 Chrysler Full Wheel Covers are the same.
While I was in the USA last month, I purchased an Imperial Full Wheel Cover from a Vender who didn't know what year it was.
When I got it home to Australia, I compared it with my Chrysler Full Wheel Covers, and came to the conclusion that it must be from a 51/52 Imperial.
That is because apart from the centre Medallion, it is similar in all other respects as the 51/52 Chrysler Full Wheel Covers, complete with small Dimples around the outside edge.
Please compare the attached picture of the Imperial full wheel cover below with the two Chrysler wheel covers shown in my earlier post (two on the bottom left) and let me know your thoughts.
As for looking at Google, I have done that, but when you type in a year, it seems that the illustrations don't match up, as there are a variety of different years shown, even though I only type in one year.
That is why I am seeking help from Members of the AACA..
Thanks. Mercman <><

DSC_0626.JPG

I see the problem now. I wasn't Googling "51 Chrysler hub caps", I was simply looking at the hub caps on the cars that came up when I googled "1951 Chrysler". In my search you see the whole cars not just the hub caps. After that, you can search "1952 Chrysler" (again, without the word "hub cap"). There are sufficient examples that you can conclude the appropriate hub cap for each year. Also, there numerous Imperial and New Yorker examples as well.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

There are actually five different 1951-52 Chrysler cap part #'s.

The disc brake Crown Imperials used two different caps with different Red glass crowns  with gold surround  trim or Red glass crowns with silver surround trim the middle and the caps are raised off the rim with ventilated cooling fins to help cool the four wheel Ausco-Lambert disc brakes..

The Windsor/Saratoga cars AFAIK used the cap with the more flat round center.

The NewYorker cars used the cap with the large round raised bubble in the center.

Some pics...

IMG_2873[1].JPG

IMG_2865[1].JPG

IMG_2875[1].JPG

IMG_2868[1].JPG

1951 -52 NewYorker Wheel Covers.jpg

1951-52 Chrysler Windsor Cap.jpg

Thanks to everyone for their help, I am starting to narrow down what is correct for these cars.
Firstly, the Imperial. This is now what I believe is correct for the 1951 Imperial, but don't have any of these.
See Picture below.
It is the only year with the smooth centre, as the others have a recessed circle.

1951 Imperial.JPG